RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
New 388 project - Dub reggae

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjt335
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: New 388 project - Dub reggae Reply with quote

Spent a little time working on a new reggae project over the weekend. It's a quick and dirty mix, no compression or anything. This was really an experiment in doing some dub stuff where I ran the delay out of the aux send and then back in to channel 7 so I could create the loop/feedback. In the past I had just run the delay in the aux loop and worked that way, which was fine, but it's nice to have the EQ option as well.

Anyway... enjoy!
Mike

https://youtu.be/je6f-8FKL5o
dlmorley
audio school

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: New 388 project - Dub reggae Reply with quote

Nice!
springreverb
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: New 388 project - Dub reggae Reply with quote

Yep, nice.
Snarl 12/8
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: New 388 project - Dub reggae Reply with quote

That sound feels good in me ear hole. I must say I'd like about 20x as much bass though. Especially for the genre.

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.
MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New 388 project - Dub reggae Reply with quote

yeah this is cool. very nice drumming. and yeah more bass.
mjt335
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New 388 project - Dub reggae Reply with quote

Yeah... good call. Could definitely be way more bass-heavy. I'll probably go back and make an alternate mix once I get my new spring reverb. I've currently got an EHX Holy Grail nano for the reverb, but I think the real spring will add a lot.

I'm using a Line 6 Echo Park for the tape delay sounds, but will hopefully have the $$$ to buy a real tape echo of some sort in the coming months. I know that would be a HUGE improvement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: