Need 2 Examples of Digital glitch/dropouts for my Lynda vid

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Need 2 Examples of Digital glitch/dropouts for my Lynda vid

Post by TapeOpLarry » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:32 pm

I Need 2 Examples of Digital glitch/dropouts for my Lynda video. I'm showing how to clean them up and I can't find any good examples in my recent sessions (not bragging)! If anyone has a couple of nasty ones, send them my way. They can be short! And whomever them music is needs to be okay with them being used, I can mention artist/track name if you want! Thanks!
email me!
http://www.larry-crane.com/contact/
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 pm

I find the best glitches can be made by mismatching clocks in the middle of the session (44.1 instead of 96)...no good examples of that to send but shouldn't be too hard to recreate, just bump that sample rate button a few times...

As for dropouts...maybe there's a Waffle House in the area that you could meet some?? :twisted:

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Post by Drone » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:51 am

I used to get them clocking from my modeller's SPDIF, whilst also recording on the analog inputs, but I guess that's specific to my setup and I threw away that stuff, but if you have a modeller, you could try it.
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Post by Drone » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:51 pm

OK, I got some lovely glitching today, by accident, where would you like it sent?

If anyone else wants a piece, I'd love to know wtf happened :(
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.