Need to find XLR

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Need to find XLR

Post by Drone » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Plastic, vertical mounted, latchless, female XLR connector, used as a mic input.

Cannot seem to track down a vertical mount one, where the pins on the board are in the same shape as the XLR connector itself, like straight thru.
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:41 am

This?

https://www.markertek.com/product/xlr-3 ... receptacle

They are awesome.

And they also have panels for mounting several ones.

As to latchless, please don't. The latchless xlr connectors usually get loos after a few months of regular use. The latch is your friend.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Post by Drone » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:02 am

Unfortunately no, after a lot of searching, I think it's this

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 8-NC3FAV-O

I can't find a rear view or anything, so I have to take it on faith when it says it's vertical pins.

If I had my druthers, then yes it would be a proper latching XLR, but I'm repairing something for a friend, and it uses a latchless, and it's mounted on a PCB, and the PCB is held to the panel by one screw into a chassis standoff and then the two 1/4" jacks and the screws that go into this XLR

I could go old skool on it, and put in some panel mounted jacks and XLR's but it ain't my kit.

All I can say is thank the lord they at least had the common decency to make it a separate little board for the inputs, because I get tired of taking off all the knobs and jack nuts and switches just to replace one freakin' jack on some monster front panel PCB.

Plus I'm having to order from Mouser, which I dislike because they're catalog is such a, well y'know :rolleyes:
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:05 am

Did you look at all this stuff...

http://www.neutrik.us/en-us/xlr/a-series/nc3fav-0

and stuff?
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Post by Drone » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 pm

I had, last night, but I went back, and there up on the upper right were some files of drawings, which finally reassured me I had the one that would fit the PCB.

Cheers, what a palaver :mrgreen: