AT RMX64 cassette 4 track repair questions

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

notbillcosby
gettin' sounds

AT RMX64 cassette 4 track repair questions

Post by notbillcosby » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Has anyone here ever worked on an Audio Technica RMX64? These things are built like tanks. 50 lb cassette 4 track. Score!
I nabbed one off Ebay a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get the transport to function properly. I've posted several messages on the Home Recording boards, and would like to refer you there so I don't need to re-type everything I've done so far:

http://homerecording.com/bbs/general-di ... up-328219/

Replies there are slow, probably because there seems to be surprisingly few of these units despite how sturdy they are... I was hoping maybe someone here has worked with a similar machine that could quickly and easily tell me exactly what needs to happen.

Chan_Lewis
audio school

Post by Chan_Lewis » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:08 pm

Hey notbill, resurrecting an old thread, but I just found one of these locally. You're not kidding -- the thing's a beast!

I was looking through your homerec thread and wondered if you solved the warble issue?

Thanks for any info you have -- there's not much on the interwebs about these things!

--Chandler

notbillcosby
gettin' sounds

Post by notbillcosby » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:07 pm

I found a mostly new Tascam 424 mkIII for $50 and gave that to my friend along with his Audio Technica and washed my hands of the whole deal.