RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Authentication popup?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scodiddly
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

The main tapeop.com page seems redesigned a bit, so maybe that's what's going on?
Scodiddly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

Truth be told, I've been wondering for a bit now when the day would come. Moderators were informed by management a few months ago that the message board would eventually be closed & archived; available for reading but closed to new content.

I agree. It's gotta be a lot of work to maintain, for the relatively small amount of content still being produced. The heydays are sadly passed.

I don't recall being asked to keep this secret.

I'm on facebook as Scott Helmke, and I continue to haunt other more active forums in the live sound world as well as groupdiy sometimes.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

Gettin' that poppin' on my Android tablet.
roscoenyc
george martin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

Royal P I T A
hope it gets fixed soon.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

Minor diagnostic on this end shows that the Chrome extension, "Ad Block Plus" is preventing the pop-up.

I don't have that extension on my Android tablet, and so I get the pop-up on that.
kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

Scodiddly wrote:
Truth be told, I've been wondering for a bit now when the day would come. Moderators were informed by management a few months ago that the message board would eventually be closed & archived; available for reading but closed to new content.

I agree. It's gotta be a lot of work to maintain, for the relatively small amount of content still being produced. The heydays are sadly passed.

I don't recall being asked to keep this secret.

I'm on facebook as Scott Helmke, and I continue to haunt other more active forums in the live sound world as well as groupdiy sometimes.

Not terribly surprising given the activity levels, but disappointing.

Someone could always make some sort of Tape Op group on F**ebook if that doesn't exist already.
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

It's strange coming back here after not really posting for years and finding it so dead around here. Big shame, TOMB was pretty awesome back in the day and I learnt so much around here.

rigsbysmith.com
dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

Where will y'all go? None of the other recording boards have the same cleverness...groupdiy is nice, but different focus.

Use an adblocker to get rid of that popup.
Gregg Juke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

DANG!!!

Not the TOMB too... So many other message boards/BBS have already bitten the dust. I know it's an expense, but I wish there were a way to keep this amazing place alive. I've already seen some of my favorite haunts close down. This place is so much better than GS.

I'm a mod at another site, and it is almost exclusively populated with trap-hop noobs. The TOMB has been my solace.

Arrgghh...

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
alexdingley
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

kslight wrote:
Not terribly surprising given the activity levels, but disappointing.
Someone could always make some sort of Tape Op group on F**ebook if that doesn't exist already.

sadly I must agree —  It's been slowing down a lot lately. 10-12 yrs ago, this place was hoppin', and I loved it. I still check it every day, but the threads aren't changing quite as fast. I'd be all about a fb group, if it's not out there already. I've never enjoyed the GS forum nearly as much as the TOMB
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

you can hit cancel twice, without having to type anything to get the page to load. Still a pain in the ass, but simpler that typing in passwords and such
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
digitaldrummer
deaf.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

weird, I had tapeop.com in the whitelist of Adblock plus (on Chrome - click ABP then options). I tried removing it and now I do NOT get the login prompt.

so if you are seeing the login, and have ABP, try it?

Mike
Snarl 12/8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

"Whitelist" in ABP would mean you are allowing popups from the site. So that makes sense.

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.
markjazzbassist
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

damn sad to hear the news. great site and great people.
shedshrine
george martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Authentication popup? Reply with quote

Scodiddly wrote:
Truth be told, ..Moderators were informed by management a few months ago that the message board would eventually be closed & archived..

Well, if this is the case, let me get this in beforehand.
This place and the amazing magazine have been my primary source for recording education.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: