RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Cardioid in a Cup

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drone
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Cardioid in a Cup Reply with quote

There was an article in Tape-Op a while back, about taking a cardioid mic, and filling all the holes on the back of the capsule, turning it into an omnidirectional mic.

I'm about to mount a cup of some kind, over the end of a '57 clone, such that the capsule end is facing up out of the cup (cutting a hole in the bottom of the cup). Will this actually make the mic more sensitive to sounds coming at it from the front? I'm concerneed about feedback issues as this is a kludge to run something into an amp, that is then recorded.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cardioid in a Cup Reply with quote

I would just use tape to minimize reflections, vibrations, and to avoid looking quite so obviously geeky. Twisted Evil
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cardioid in a Cup Reply with quote

It will not make the mic more sensitive at all.

Cheers
Drone
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Cardioid in a Cup Reply with quote

Cool, it's really just a substitute for me cupping my hands around the mic while I play, so I can play and strum too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: