RIP Pete Traynor

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

RIP Pete Traynor

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon May 09, 2016 6:18 am

Pete Traynor, creator of Traynor amps has died. As a kid growing up outside of Toronto in the 80's all I wanted was a Fender and all I could afford was a Traynor. As soon as I became a working musician I started to realize how good Traynors really were and how lucky I was to live in a city where they are plentiful and cheap. I found my Custom Reverb in a pile of garbage outside my old rehearsal space. I swapped out the preamp tubes and it worked fine. 25 years later it's still going strong and looks no worse for wear then the day I found it. I'm sure my son could pass it on to his great -grand kids and it'll still be going strong.

jimjazzdad
takin' a dinner break

Post by jimjazzdad » Mon May 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Pete Traynor was an audio pioneer. Jack Long knew a genius when he saw one and basically bank-rolled and guided Pete. All the early Yorkville and Traynor gear was designed and (mostly) built by him. The story goes that he used to drop new prototypes out a second floor window. If it survived, the design was good to go. This was the origin of the famous Yorkville two year "even if you break it" guarantee. He had some early 'firsts' with column and wedge monitor designs as well.
Jim Legere
Halifax, NS
Canada

Jarvis
pushin' record

Post by Jarvis » Mon May 09, 2016 4:36 pm

RIP
Played some questionable music through a few of his rigs over the years.
Ivan the Threadstopper

supafuzz
carpal tunnel

proud owner

Post by supafuzz » Tue May 10, 2016 11:55 am

Proud owner of a Traynor YBA-1 Bassmaster
whenever the Marshall Plexi sound is needed....this is a beast.

RIP Pete
Super 70 Studio.. Never tell a perfectionist that the mix is perfect!

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3