Dublin, Ireland V. New York, New York.

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Dublin, Ireland V. New York, New York.

Post by Greenlander » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:26 pm

Hey, long shot but anyone in New York (or surrounding area) interested in some online collaborating, punctuated by my occasional visits to the city (next time, May). I guess guys from anywhere would be cool but I'd love to be able to do some music when I'm in NY, which I regularly am. Plan to move there in the next year or two as well.

Me: guitars, vocals and bass and piano to a lesser extent. Pavement, Beach Boys, Acetone, Smog, Silver Jews, Neil Young, shitloads more.

Get in touch! Here or by PM.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

wenley
takin' a dinner break

Re: Dublin, Ireland V. New York, New York.

Post by wenley » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:50 pm

I might be into it. I'm in Brooklyn. My style is a little more trad rock and roll (read: Beatles, Stonesy, Dylan).

What can you tell me about the scene in Dublin. My girlfriend is thinking it might be a cool place to move. I'm not sure how we'd do that both being US citizens, but who knows....

Let me know if any of this appeals to you.

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:42 pm

wenley wrote:I might be into it. I'm in Brooklyn. My style is a little more trad rock and roll (read: Beatles, Stonesy, Dylan).

What can you tell me about the scene in Dublin. My girlfriend is thinking it might be a cool place to move. I'm not sure how we'd do that both being US citizens, but who knows....

Let me know if any of this appeals to you.
The scene in Dublin is not bad a the moment. There's a fair bit going on, although it pales in comparison to NYC needless to say. To be honest, indie (I still call it indie for some reason) music is to the fore here at the moment, although the usual problems with getting your music out to a wider audience in a small towm still exist.

As for moving, I actually know about this because a friend was asking (and I'm a lawyer). You'd need a company to sponsor you to come over and to apply for a work permit on your behalf, so it's all down to what your professions are.

Otherwise, if you have Irish grandparents you're automatically entitled to a passport.

Not sure if either of you fit into any of those categories.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

supafuzz
carpal tunnel

Post by supafuzz » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:58 am

YEAH SEND ME AN E-MAIL WHEN YOUR COMING OVER...

I think that would be fun..schedules permitting..

do you have protools?

Harley
Super 70 Studio.. Never tell a perfectionist that the mix is perfect!

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:03 am

guitarwhore wrote:YEAH SEND ME AN E-MAIL WHEN YOUR COMING OVER...

I think that would be fun..schedules permitting..

do you have protools?

Harley
Actually I use Tracktion, which uses wav and aiff files. Hmm, is that compatible at all I wonder.