RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Eventide Mixing Link questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meriphew
deaf.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Eventide Mixing Link questions Reply with quote

I just picked up an Eventide Mixing Link along with a Strymon BigSky reverb pedal to use on my vocals for live shows. I was planning on using a Radial JS3 mic splitter to split the initial mic signal.

Radial JS3 output 1 = (Dry signal) JS3 > FOH.
Radial JS3 output 2 = (Wet signal) JS3 > Evntide Mixing Link > Strymon BigSky > FOH.

I'm a bit confused as to how to configure the Mixing Link for use when only using it for a wet signal. I'm also wondering if it would be best to set the BigSky reverb to a 100% wet mix ratio.

I know Joel's an endorser of the Mixing Link, so I'm hoping he'll (amongst any others who might have some solid advice) jump in with some tips/info.

Thx!!
Waltz Mastering
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Eventide Mixing Link questions Reply with quote

For MXLNK wet only set up, you can put the toggle switch under the MIX knob to 'FX ONLY' then the MIX knob becomes FX level (wet level).

There's a couple ways to do this depending on the specific details of the set up. gl

Last edited by Waltz Mastering on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Meriphew
deaf.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Eventide Mixing Link questions Reply with quote

Waltz Mastering wrote:
For MXLNK wet only set up, you can put the toggle switch under the MIX knob to 'FX ONLY' then the MIX knob becomes FX level (wet level).

The are a couple ways to do this depending on the specific details of the set up. gl

Thx for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: