Split Snake, Alesis HD24XR, JBL 7510B, Lightbridge, Mac Pro

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Split Snake, Alesis HD24XR, JBL 7510B, Lightbridge, Mac Pro

Post by kslight » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:22 pm

EWI branded 24 channel XLR hardwired splitter snake box, used a handful of times for live concert recordings. Plug everything in to the XLR stage box, give one tail to the sound guy, and the other into your recorder. No issues using it despite not being transformer balanced. Audiopile.net sells this new for $350+shipping, how about $200 shipped/PayPal'd.

I have an Alesis HD24XR in great shape with two caddies each with 160gb 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda drives and a LRC. Barely used as a standalone recorder and the drives were not plugged in when not in use, I used this as a front end to my recording system most of the time, sometimes used for live concert recordings. Similarly equipped goes for about $1300 on eBay right now. Make me a fair offer and its yours.

I have (2) JBL/Urei 7510b mic preamp chassis each loaded with 12 mic preamps and pre-wired with 12 attenuator pots as well. These are slightly "janky" but totally work and sound pretty decent. I mainly used these with the HD24XR for preamps for live concert recording and they worked great. The wiring could stand to be touched up, but works as is...the only problem is if you adjust the attenuators while recording you may hear some noise. A few pots are also slightly bent or deformed...this was how they came to me. Basic rack rash but nothing really serious. I also have a prewired Redco 24input XLR mic input plate that I would strongly suggest you take with this. Again this works as is, but you may desire to touch up the wiring on it, as I'll have to disassemble everything for shipping. Would like to get $900 shipped/Paypal'd total for both chassis and the XLR panel.

I have an M Audio Lightbridge firewire interface, which when used with the HD24XR over ADAT allowed me to pump the HD24XR straight into my computer when recording live or at home. Problem is that M Audio no longer supports this unique device, so you have to use older versions of Mac OSX (not sure which version of Windows this works with). $120 shipped and Paypal'd. Will throw in an expresscard firewire card with the "good" TI chipset that I used with my old laptop for an extra $20.

I have a 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 model also. It is a 2.8ghz quad core Xeon (single 4 core processor) with 16gb of RAM, dual 750gb hard drives, and Radeon 5770 video card installed. I bought it brand new from Apple several years ago, and it has served me well, lots of power, but I needed more power for some film projects so I upgraded to a newer system. $700 shipped and Paypal'd

All items available for local pickup in Kansas City, and I travel to Iowa...sometimes...

If you are interested please just send me an email, don't use the PM function because this forum has become painfully slow to use... Don't hesitate to make a reasonable offer but I have tried to be pretty fair so don't be silly.

Email me: kyle (the at symbol) musicbykyle (a period) com

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Sennheisers are gone. Added a splitter snake