FS: LA: Focal SM11 monitors (L-R pair) UPDATED

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

garethschu
audio school

FS: LA: Focal SM11 monitors (L-R pair) UPDATED

Post by garethschu » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Focal SM11 L-R pair for sale. They were purchased new in November 2010. Both speakers are in perfect working order with absolutely no issues.

Priced at $9900. Reasonable offers considered. The speakers are in LA and I can set up a demo for serious buyers. I can also do a remote Skype/Facetime demo for out of towners. Obviously a local Socal sale would be ideal, but I've shipped speakers (successfully) in the past and am willing to facilitate it.

Item description borrowed from Focal's site:

"The SM11-L / SM11-R (Left channel and Right channel) monitors are equipped with an asymmetrical cabinet design, favouring a fantastic image precision in a stereo or multichannel configuration. The very extended frequency response (34Hz-40kHz at -3dB) guarantees perfect control of the entire audio signal. This feature is essential to the optimization of the mixes dedicated to supports like SACD or any other project where perfection is essential. The 1" pure Beryllium TBU tweeter achieves an unmatchable detail level and delivers great precision, width and depth to the sound image. The 6.5" "W" composite sandwich midrange offers unmatched neutrality and transparency. The tweeter-woofer coupling guarantees a voicing that will immediately reveal the slightest anomalies. The 11" woofer and the passive radiator reproduce the bass register with an incredible degree of control, thanks to the absence of a port. The bottom of the audio spectrum is then totally revealed, without a subwoofer. A total SPL of 118dB allows unprecedented headroom for recording, mixing and mastering in almost any situation, without risk of compression."