TnC ACM1200 Bulldog Mic Mods

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

TnC ACM1200 Bulldog Mic Mods

Post by Nick Sevilla » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:13 am

Hi Guys,

I don't know if you remember the Terry and Chance ACM (Another Cheap Microphone) group buy from back in, like, 2010?

I bought a bunch of mics from them, including two ACM1200s, and bought the mods from TAB Funkenwerks (RIP Oliver Archut).

I put them away due to being busy with engineering projects, and just recently am revisiting the mods.

I'll be posting some pictures along with the correct way of wiring them up, as the original schematics, to me, were not clear enough.

In addition, if you have these mics, and the mod transformers (the only part Oliver Archut made, the rest is buyable on Mouser), I'd be willing to mod them for you, for a minimal fee, cost of the parts if you don't have them all, plus shipping back and forth.

The only thing you'd have to ship to me would be the microphone, the parts if you have them or buy them from Mouser (I can send you a BOM), and the transformer mod kit (xformer and circuit board), as I have the power supply and the cable for it.

I will be posting before / after recordings later on this week, pictures of the mod, etc.

My two ACM 1200s were powder coated by a local company. While they do not look "perfect" up close, they do look quite nice. If you wanted something like that, I recommend you look at local powder coaters / paint shops, and see if anyone is willing to do such a small job. Alternatively, I can contact the company I used, and get you a price quote, along with their available colors.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.