RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

The ad, https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/muc/5885835054.html:
Please read ad in full detail before responding.
My name's Jeremy Mazuca. I have been around music and musicians my whole life through family and friends. Some grammy winners. I have great ears for musical talent. My experience with the music industry is from birth. I was born into it. I am president of My Playlist Records. MPR is an independent record label that caters to all genres. Now with that being said, I do not accept Christian Music because this falls under a whole new market. Hip hop and rap I am not a huge fan of however it is accepted within my label as long as it fits a certain criteria. The only rap I would accept is lyrical poetic rap. Influences like: common, mos def, nas, mf doom, eminem, lupe fiasco, slum village, wu tang clan, outcast, etc. Most music I get is not what I'm looking for. I have to be picky in regards to what sells in media music stores. If I just sign anyone or someone who sends me music where I have no emotional connection, it won't sell. When I listen to your music, I need to feel something in my soul. I am not here to waste time. If you are thinking of joining a label via a legal binding contract, contact me. I get a lot of interested people whom send decent music and when I respond, I don't here back from them. I also get people who can't handle constructive criticism. If you waste my time or bs me, I will just block you and ignore you. I currently am starting my label from the bottom meaning I don't have money to invest in you yet. "You" would be a band, composer, or artist. I can't pay for recording time, radio time, tv time, etc. So right now I am currently offering: marketing, p and r, worldwide connections, world wide touring opportunities, advice on your music and brand, unlimited digital music distribution, and will help you along your musical career to the best of my ability. I would like to have a big business one day. I would like to earn with you some music awards one day. I am not just in this for the money, although it would be awesome to have a chauffeur one day. I do this for the love of music. As a label, my job is to sell and promote your music. I also will help build you a large audience and fan base. I am located in san antonio tx so if you are out of state, it is not a problem. Out of state musicians are very welcome. Composers are widely welcome because the video game, tv, and film industry need your talents. I do not want to be questioned of my experience. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I am a new upcoming label but I am the best marketer and promoter you'll find when it comes to music. I am looking for artists or bands whom have no music released yet. iTunes, Google play, Amazon, and Spotify all have deadlines so the sooner you send me music the better. Bandcamp, reverb nation, soundcloud, youtube, or any track I can easily open and listen to will be accepted. I listen to demos on a daily basis. Don't worry about copyright infringement when it comes to sending me music. It is a federal crime I have no use for. Please send me music that is ready to be sold and put out to the public. Serious inquires only. Only those who are hungry for success as I am. I do have a Facebook at My Playlist Records.
===========================================
Me:
These are demos for a current recording project - these are songs written and recorded by me with our drummer within the last 6 months.

We are currently recording new material as a 3-piece, and searching for a possible 4th.

I own all rights to this material.

https://vlayman.bandcamp.com/album/a-long-year

If you believe something fits with what you are doing, I can be reached at

mick: 312-***-****
it:
Don't need demos. Need songs ready to be sold
me
Don't need attitude. Forget it.
it:
you are lucky i'm not a major label. Your ass would get shot for running your mouth.
me:
Very professional, douchebag.

We both know a  "major label" wouldn't shoot someone, much less threaten them.

My ex was from Texas and you scare me not at all.

Now, don't be such a pussy and listen to the music.

If there's something there you can use, we'll talk.

If not, good luck, and thanx for the laugh.
it:
don't be a whiny little bitch.
A major label would chew you up and spit you out.
I've been in the music industry my whole life.
28 years.
I just said I don't need demos as my ad stated. Apparently you can't fucking read.
You are a retard.
You got butt hurt. Your music is mediocre at best. don't come to any label until you are ready. You are wasting my time and money. You are lucky i'm not charing you for your ignorance.
me:
Ha!
Name-calling? '-D
What are you, all of 28?  So that's 10 years, at most?
And still no money made to invest in your so-called "label"?
Daddy or mommy or your boyfriend gave you a cuppla bucks because you couldn't cut it in school?
Can't play a lick so you wanna be a industry parasite?
Can't get laid so you wanna hang with musicians?
We've been posting under 20 minutes and you claim to be able to evaluate my music?
Mid-afternoon and you are still hung-over?
Your alleged "label" name and graffic is as lame and silly as your unprofessional attitude.
I think I may write a song about you even as I post quote your emails to every real music-industry person I know.
Once again, good luck, take an aspirin, consider selling your guns and getting some counseling.
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

LOL.

The long, plastic hallway that is the music industry.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

Your "LOL" does my heart proud!

I was trying to explain this to a non-musician, and they just didn't get it.

She got that it was sad - she didn't get the funny.

The most embarrassing part for me was I tried, what, 3 times to be musician-reasonable,and the guy just hadda assert his "authority" or work out his anger or whatever.

But really, I'm a 56 y.o. professional - I can't help but fear for a fragile 20 year-old getting that kind of communication from someone claiming to be what we now know he is not.

Thus, do I publish. Twisted Evil
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

"Jerry Mezza" emailed me:

Do your research since you're an ignorant skeptic. Go see how much Columbia records charges for their time. Time is money . That's why people like you fail. Happy holidays!

Next, "Jerry Mezza" emailed me:

I have a federal case against you. Harassing a disabled army veteran and major businesses. Including Warner bros, Sony, Def jam, and Atlantic records. I'd quit while you're ahead.

I answered:

Nobody's harassing you, spam-boy, just pointing out that you are spamming, and you threatened me, and you are otherwise in need of kick in the ass and not to be considered knowledgeable/trusted/dealt with or even communicated with.

Up your meds, stop spamming, and leave us and me alone.

Or don't - I enjoy the laughs!

"Jerry Mezza" also emailed me:

And you don't know shit about the music industry if you think a label will invest their money in you unless you're Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga. Not gonna happen.

I didn't respond.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

A different person just posted this exchange:
◀ prev ▲ next ▶
favorite this post RE: What else *MPR* offers (Idiotsville) hide this posting
ok, so I decided to take the bait and inquire about this guy and his My Playlist Records "label". more specifically, what was to be included with his $550 service fee and his qualifications for charging such. the exchange was as follows:

--------------------------------------------

ME:
Subject: Re: Sit Down With A Major Label
What is included with your $550 service fee, and what are your qualifications and industry experience to command such a fee?

aka My Playlist Records, aka Jeremy Mazuca
Major labels charge upwards of a thousand per meet. I have a sponsorship through Keeprockinit LLC. I have been in the industry 28 years. If a musician doesn't have money to invest in themselves, they aren't worth anyone's time. Including a major label. Stupid questions get you no where.
Also go research how much Columbia records charges per interview.

ME:
first, having a "sponsorship" means absolutely nothing. second, there is no internet footprint for "Keeprockinit LLC", which would be not only a red flag to the legitimacy of that name and organization, but then also throws doubt to your own legitimacy by being associated with an LLC that cannot be found anywhere on the internet. third, it is completely irrelevant how many years you claim to have been "in the industry", as it still fails to answer the question of your qualifications. fourth, you failed to provide any adequate details of what is included in the $550 service fee. is it just for an "interview" or "meet"? for someone who proclaims to have soooo much experience in the industry, maybe you should get your terminology right. it's called a CONSULTATION. you don't pay money for an interview or meeting, you pay money for a CONSULT. you are a complete dumbass idiot. stupid answers get you nowhere.

Go contact a major label since you seem to know all the answers. I don't gotta prove anything to anyone. A major label would chew you up and spit you out. I dare you to contact one. Maybe you'll get a slap in the face for being a close minded idiot. BTW, quit wasting my time and money. You clearly don't know the music industry and aren't worth anyone's time and money if you ask stupid questions. Apparently you suck at google. The business is in Austin Texas. A meet and greet with Epic, Def Jam, Atlantic, Sony, etc are thousand dollar meetings. I have a legal binding contract made in regards to their time and location. You aren't worth shit to a label if you are a broke skeptic. Go contact Columbia Records since you're hot shit.

ME:
now you're calling it a "meet and greet"? hahahahahahaha! dude, it's called a CONSULTATION. but maybe a four syllable word is out of your league. and if you are going to try and squeeze money out of artists, then hell YES you have to prove something to them. even if it's something as simple as listing your qualifications and detailing your industry experience (which was part of my initial inquiry, and something you still haven't answered to any degree.) just boldly claiming that you have a legal binding contract is laughable, it sounds like you just decided, "oooooh, I'm gonna use the words 'legal' and 'contract' to sound really impressive and professional." and another thing, legitimate labels don't post blindly on craigslist looking for artists. just like legitimate music venues don't post on craigslist looking for bands and legitimate bands don't post on craigslist looking for gigs or labels. having to advertise your "label" on craigslist is pathetic. congrats on having a "sponsorship" by some likely fictitious company in Austin. what does having a sponsorship mean anyway? what does your "label" with its mighty 400 facebook likes receive as a sponsorship? a legal binding contract? if you can't answer simple questions about your experience or your legitimacy without immediately resorting to insults and poorly worded sentences, then you are too thin-skinned to know what it truly takes to endure in the music industry. your words and answers sound unprofessional and unintelligent.

😂😂😂😂😂Sad ignorant fool. A scam is a federal crime. I wouldn't give my name and business name if I was bullshitting anyone. Quit harassing me before I press charges.

ME:
hmmmm... nowhere did I even imply the word "scam". I said "squeeze money", which is entirely different. but for some reason, your mind automatically went to "scam". very interesting...
it's quite sad that you are already threatening to press charges after a couple email exchanges. yes, because that's exactly what legitimate labels do... wait, no it's not. my initial inquiry was to ascertain your experience and qualifications before proceeding with anything involving a financial transaction, but you repeatedly failed to answer those questions in anything remotely close to a satisfactory manner. in addition, you were the instigator in using hostility towards me, which was undoubtedly a defense mechanism in lieu of having factual, professional answers prepared.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/muc/5929808657.html
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

There are LOTS of these bullshit scammers in the biz.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

I'm inclined to think this is less a scammer and more a nutjob, not that the two statuses need be mutually exclusive.
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

vvv wrote:
I'm inclined to think this is less a scammer and more a nutjob, not that the two statuses need be mutually exclusive.

Here in Hollyweird they are at every single corner, waiting for naive and pretty young things from the Midwest to step off the bus so they can be ripped off / raped.

Both insane and horrible.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: C/L fun,m or how not to work a musician ad Reply with quote

Ugh.

I have a 19 y.o. daughter who, fortunately, does not have stars in her eyes. But as a big fan of noir novels and films, well, scary stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: