MCI JH16/16

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

block
audio school

MCI JH16/16

Post by block » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:53 am

Looking to find my JH16 a new home. This is a very, very early model, defiantly the best sounding machine I have ever heard. I think the Motherboard S/N is 25 or around there anyway. Drop down drawer, 16 track. Machine functions, but I have always treated it as a kind of tolling restoration, and too be honest, it really should get a full recapping and goings through. I just don't have the time anymore. JRF replaced the sync and repro heads a few years back after I purchased it, and total hours in them would be under 1000. Transport works solid. There are some issues with a couple Repro cards and relays, spare cards for scavenging will be included. AL2 remote for a 24 track deck included as well.

$2k and you pick it up from the greater Chicago area.

tmoneygetpaid
audio school graduate

Post by tmoneygetpaid » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:51 am

Can you punch on this machine?

block
audio school

Post by block » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 am

tmoneygetpaid wrote:Can you punch on this machine?
Yes and no?

While you can punch, and I have on a regular basis, You can get an occasional click on the punch. If your punching a loud guitar, not even an issue, if you are punching a solo piano, well, you'd be better off breaking out the razor blade.

There was a fix for the click, I think it was a matter of swapping out a capacitor on the record card.

Every record I did on this machine stayed full analog until the 2 track. Lot's of punches, never an issue. Even this rather sparse folksy record was okay (see link below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5AB_yVYSw