RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Sony C800G w/ power supply

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelyblades
audio school

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Sony C800G w/ power supply Reply with quote

Hi TOMB folks,

I'm new to this forum, but have been a longtime TapeOp subscriber and reader. I'm selling a Sony C800G microphone, and thought I would list it here before I go to Ebay.

I've owned this mic for around 10 years, and used it very lightly. I'm not a professional engineer or a studio owner; I'm just a singer and songwriter who fell in love with the sound of this mic, and when I had the chance I picked one up.

I bought the mic used, and have always taken good care of it. Total use in the last decade is probably less than 200 hours. I did change the tube a few years ago, and in the process I removed the foil that was covering the original tube. I didn't notice any change in sound due to this, other than the new tube which was an improvement.

The shock mount doesn't feel as tight as a new unit, however it does hold the mic firmly in place with no issues whatsoever. The power supply has a sticker on the back which says "B-Stock" which perhaps speaks to the original provenance of the mic. I bought it used, so I don't know for sure. The foam windscreen is mostly intact, although I've never used it.

I posted some images here, with the password "tomb" -
http://www.explone.com/hidden

Asking $5,500 with the case and power supply. Thanks for looking, and let me know if any questions.
steelyblades
audio school

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony C800G w/ power supply Reply with quote

Sale pending, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: