Sony C800G w/ power supply

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

steelyblades
audio school

Sony C800G w/ power supply

Post by steelyblades » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi TOMB folks,

I'm new to this forum, but have been a longtime TapeOp subscriber and reader. I'm selling a Sony C800G microphone, and thought I would list it here before I go to Ebay.

I've owned this mic for around 10 years, and used it very lightly. I'm not a professional engineer or a studio owner; I'm just a singer and songwriter who fell in love with the sound of this mic, and when I had the chance I picked one up.

I bought the mic used, and have always taken good care of it. Total use in the last decade is probably less than 200 hours. I did change the tube a few years ago, and in the process I removed the foil that was covering the original tube. I didn't notice any change in sound due to this, other than the new tube which was an improvement.

The shock mount doesn't feel as tight as a new unit, however it does hold the mic firmly in place with no issues whatsoever. The power supply has a sticker on the back which says "B-Stock" which perhaps speaks to the original provenance of the mic. I bought it used, so I don't know for sure. The foam windscreen is mostly intact, although I've never used it.

I posted some images here, with the password "tomb" -
http://www.explone.com/hidden

Asking $5,500 with the case and power supply. Thanks for looking, and let me know if any questions.

steelyblades
audio school

Post by steelyblades » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Sale pending, thanks.