Behringer Fader Pinout

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Behringer Fader Pinout

Post by Drone » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 am

Anyone know the fader pinout for Behringer faders?

I broke a channel on my UB-1622, physically bent the fader and lost signal though PFL still works..

Googling produces a bunch of sites that sell 'em, but I want to know the pinout to do a quick hack.

It's allegedley a D103 a10kx2 type, if that means anything to anyone.
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.

ulriggribbons
steve albini likes it

Post by ulriggribbons » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:33 pm

So from the part number, it's an audio taper dual 10K, measure another one with an ohm meter, and figure out where the wiper is, go from there.

ju

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Post by Drone » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:38 am

Turns out I was being dumb.

I didn't realize the 'good' fader I was using as a reference was actually intermittent too. If I put any pressure on it, it cuts out, so measuring it upside down, you get the picture. :roll:

Behringer were moderately helpful, and confirmed that they used the same part for the mono, stereo and master faders, so I just ordered a bunch. This mixer is part of my live rig and my sound which is why I'm trying to extend the life of it.

I've ordered some parts, and am hopeful they fit. Meanwhile I patched out the bad mono channels into a couple of stereo channels I wasn't using, isn't perfect as the stereo channels use fixed EQ, not sweepable, but I'm making it work for now.

I had to get it all back together for a show yesterday, but I've got a little time now, so hopefully I can pull it all apart (all those knobs off :roll: ) and get the thing prepped for it's new parts.

Have to say this Behringer has lived a charmed life, having been humped around the country in a laptop bag, in and out dirty venues, and I only killed these faders after jamming it against the roof of my car accidentally and with great force, after having made it part of my pedalboard and trying to cram it in the car without it's lid on.

More haste, less speed :cry:
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.