RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
RIP Larry Coryell

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: RIP Larry Coryell Reply with quote

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2017/02/20/516245069/guitarist-larry-coryell-godfather-of-fusion-dies-at-73
ubertar
cryogenically thawing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP Larry Coryell Reply with quote

So bummed to hear that.
I saw him play in the mid-80s when I was a kid at guitar camp. I had a few of his records and he was one of my heroes. I think I was the first to show up; I sat in the middle in the front row and was all wide-eyed to see him up close. I don't think he was used to that... he seemed kind of taken aback! He came back the next year, and his son played bass in his band. I don't listen to his stuff so often these days, but it's solid work. I'll have to give him a few spins on the turntable over the next several days at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: