RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
bandcamp question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ubertar
cryogenically thawing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: bandcamp question Reply with quote

I'm just curious... what % of people who visit your bandcamp page buy something? I put up a new record about 2 weeks ago, and so far it's a little under 1%. Is that abnormally low, or is that par for the course?
markjazzbassist
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: bandcamp question Reply with quote

i don't know how many friends you have on social networks/email/etc where you blasted out the bandcamp, but for the release in my signature i and my partner blasted it out, i think we sold 20 copies at the most. people just don't buy music anymore in digital format. they stream it or steal it.

side bar: that's why i'd like to just release future projects on vinyl only, that way the only way people can listen is by purchasing.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: bandcamp question Reply with quote

It's prob'ly not in their best interest, bandcamp's, but alla my stuff is free ...

And yet, I make a few bucks here and there because folks just send it, but US$5 a month is cool, keeps me in coffee for a week or so.
ubertar
cryogenically thawing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: bandcamp question Reply with quote

Thanks guys, but right now I'm really only interested in a specific answer to this specific question: what % of people who visit your bandcamp page buy something?

I'm not looking for raw numbers or how it was advertised or anything else... just how many purchases as a % of visits.

Thanks!
Very Happy
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: bandcamp question Reply with quote

Well, then, "a little under 1%" may be par for the course, or high, IME.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: