suffering 'studio suck'
Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
|Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 pm Post subject: Tascam MS-16 1" 16 track tape machine
|Tascam MS16 (1" 16-track reel to reel tape machine) with extras - $1400
In great working order, it's seen light but regular use in my home studio for the past six or seven years and has been well maintained and cared for the whole time. Heads were relapped by JRF shortly after I bought it and are still in good shape (I can even include the paperwork they gave me). I also recapped the power supply a few years back with high quality, higher capacity parts. Comes with just about every extra you'd need:
- Custom-made rolling stand with extra rack space above and below the unit (worth noting too that if you don't have space for the custom stand, the machine fits just fine in a standard 19" rack).
- Autolocator remote
- 15 reels of 1" tape (used, but can be re-used. It's mostly ATR or RMG 911 tape, bought in the past few years, not ancient sticky stuff).
- 1" MRL calibration tape (again, bought in the last few years and still good, not old and sticky)
- one take up reel
- Original manual which includes schematics and instructions for calibration and maintenance
- an extra audio channel card (I'll actually include two, I believe one is not working but could be repaired)
- extender card for tweaking/measuring channel cards while the unit is running.
For local pickup only in Saint Paul, MN.
pictures can be seen here - https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/msg/6103902792.html