Seeking analog studio/players in Nashville/Memphis

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

joelmoore
pushin' record

Seeking analog studio/players in Nashville/Memphis

Post by joelmoore » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 am

I am a songwriter working to assemble a band to rehearse and record an LP. I am looking for an Easley-McCain type mindset as opposed to Music Row. If that makes sense and you can help point me down the right path I'd greatly appreciate it.

I need talented players too. I don't want to just hire random guns and hate the result because they're just reading charts and phoning it in. I would like to meet people who hear what I'm trying to do and have something of themselves to add to it.

I can pay you. Yes, I actually have some money. I can also offer alternative incentives which we can discuss later. The main goal is to make a classic record and I believe that requires weeks/months of rehearsal/performance, then heading into a proper analog studio when the time feels right, then tracking live to tape.

I am going to be dead someday and my only desire in life is to make this record. You can be fat, ugly, old, and even crotchety I just ask that you be no bullshit dead serious and play your part. Get in touch.

Image[/img]
Dear God, Please make me Polvo or Ween or Townes Van Zandt or some combination of the three.

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:55 am

Google Welcome To 1979. It's the place you are talking about.
They'll likely have good leads on players too.

joelmoore
pushin' record

Post by joelmoore » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 am

A. David Wow. Thank you. This place looks perfect.
Dear God, Please make me Polvo or Ween or Townes Van Zandt or some combination of the three.

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:59 am

YUP! Chris is the man and you will love welcome to 1979!

GJ
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

joelmoore
pushin' record

Post by joelmoore » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Just booked a rehearsal studio at Diamond Sound. Moving gear in next week. Looking for players to get the music ready to take to 1979.

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:24 am

Did you talk to Chris about musicians? He has a lot of contacts. If you've got a budget it should be no problem. If you are looking for "for the love of it" guys, that might be more of an issue...

GJ

PS-- Just re-read your first post. Talk to Chris. It's Nashville. Cats been "playin' since they's babies."
Gregg Juke

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

joelmoore
pushin' record

Post by joelmoore » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:39 am

I have not talked to him yet. I will probably wait until after I get my stuff moved into the rehearsal space and get situated there before I try to get that part of things underway. I was contemplating signing up for vinyl camp but I don't know if I'm going to be able to work it into my schedule yet. Everything is in flux at the moment.

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Hope it all works out. I will eventually make it to Vinyl Camp. My associate went to Tape Camp and loved it. I am a veteran of the Producers/Engineers Summits, but have not been able to attend for several years. Well worth it if you can go though!

GJ
Gregg Juke