RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
DIY spring reverb driver?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joninc
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: DIY spring reverb driver? Reply with quote

I love the spring that's built into my Hammond A-100 so I bought another necklace spring off Ebay and am trying to figure out a way to drive it and use it as an outboard spring reverb unit.

I know about the Radial Tank Driver 500 series module and I may resort to that but I wanted to see if there were any better DIY options - preferably tube.

From what I understand it's input inpedance is like 1.4 k ohms. My tech says it needs to drive 4 volt ac into 1.5 ohm load

Any tips?
Matt C.
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: DIY spring reverb driver? Reply with quote

http://sound.whsites.net/articles/reverb.htm

not tube, but I built a couple of these circuits recently and they work well. I think you'll want "Figure 6 - Basic Discrete Drive Circuit For High Impedance Coil". There's also a recovery amp schematic to boost the level coming out of the tank.
jimjazzdad
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: DIY spring reverb driver? Reply with quote

Rod Elliot's stuff is excellent. I haven't tried his reverb circuits but his web site is well worth visiting: http://sound.whsites.net/index2.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: