Looking for some feedback...

dEEdOT
audio school graduate

Looking for some feedback...

Post by dEEdOT » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:15 am

Just wanted to get a bit of constructive criticism on some of my beats...check them out here http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/deedotmusic.htm ...let me know what you think...thanks...peace
-dEEdOT

zoetrope
pushin' record

Re: Looking for some feedback...

Post by zoetrope » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:11 am

nutz:
I like that Gooooshweeeeeeeeep sound, how'd you get that? Nice rhythm, but I would have liked something playing over the top of this.

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:36 am

what are you useing to make those? Are you just putting samples in your order? Or are you making your own? If your doing it yourself and useing a microphone its pretty cool. Now go find some people to rap to it.
-Matthew Macchio$tab

dEEdOT
audio school graduate

Post by dEEdOT » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:39 am

helstab wrote:what are you useing to make those? Are you just putting samples in your order? Or are you making your own? If your doing it yourself and useing a microphone its pretty cool. Now go find some people to rap to it.
Most of the beats are sample-based, however, I do take the liberty in masking them and making them mine as much as possible...Most of the sounds that makeup the melodic lines are composed of single hits extracted from a longer sample...also, I arrange everything...no loops...lots of filters and LFO's...as to what I use - turntables, a phrase sampler, a synth, and my computer... thanks for the feedback... btw I am working with some emcees...Our crew is called Mind Complex and you can check us out at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/mindcomplexmusic.htm...peace
-dEEdOT

dEEdOT
audio school graduate

Post by dEEdOT » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:41 am

Zoetrope wrote:nutz:
I like that Gooooshweeeeeeeeep sound, how'd you get that? Nice rhythm, but I would have liked something playing over the top of this.
Thanks for the post Zoetrope...yeah I'm probably going to add a break and most-likely some vocals on top...thanks again...peace
-dEEdOT

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:09 pm

I would buy that.
good job.

Now grab your mic and add some of your own noise.
-Matthew Macchio$tab

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:10 pm

Are you mixing with monitors?
-Matthew Macchio$tab

dEEdOT
audio school graduate

Post by dEEdOT » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:12 pm

helstab wrote:Are you mixing with monitors?
Thanks again for the love...actually I'm dead broke right now (who isn't?) so I haven't had a chance to pick up some decent monitors...I've been looking at the bx5/8 by m-audio and the Truths (any suggestions)...oh yeah, so I'm doing all of my mixing on some bookshelf speakers...what led you to this keen observation? peace
-dEEdOT

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:25 am

Becuase it sounds like it would sound better in headphones. I monitor with home speakers also. JBL Home studio series bookself.
-Matthew Macchio$tab