Warshington DC Greater Metropolitan Areaer

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Warshington DC Greater Metropolitan Areaer

Post by comfortstarr » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:35 am

I?m looking for a collaborator(s) in the Washington DC area to write and record some music?as well as to drink and complain and engage in witty repartee (example: Worst Musicians Wanted ad on NYC Craigslist ?Simon Lebon/Casey Spooner vocalist wanted?).

I?d like to apply my uber-novice engineering skills and equipment to making some good recordings, mostly in the interest of fun. Depending on where it goes, I?d also like to play out a bit (I miss that).

I pursued music full time from 88 thru 95 in a band that put out a few CDs, toured all over the US, toured all over Europe, did a Peel session, and ultimately wound right back the fuck where it was. So? now I have a job, a wife, and a house all of which I love and wouldn?t risk by touring the southeast and doing the big show in Pensacola?I know no good will come of that.

I have a modest home studio set-up (mac, logic) and I have a couple of guitars, a bass, and a keyboard for running stuff on the computer (oh yeah, I also have a melodica, a harmonica, and a couple of lame gourds for shakin?). The big bonus about my home studio is that it's actually in a home, so a little noise can be made from time to time.

Bands I like: Tortoise, Mogwai, Moreno Veloso?s rotating band, Preston School of Industry, Radiohead, Al Green, that very first Polara record (the others suck), Galaxie 500, Bob Dylan, Jungle Brothers, Soundgarden, Ministry (but only live and on drugs), Paul Westerberg, Cannonball Adderley, Boards of Canada, Yo La Tengo, yadda yadda yadda?

Bands I hate: The Rapture et al, Jay Z, any of the b?klyn 8-bit crap that completely misses the joy of new wave, Pearl Jam (yeah, I know, easy one), Poi Dog Pondering, The Blake Babies, yadda yadda yadda.

Click on the ?www? link in this post to hear some snippets of music I?ve recorded over the last couple of years. There?s an email link there too if you?re interested in chatting.

Also, I'm 37. I hope that's not an issue. It shouldn't be. I'll wager hard cash that I'm faster then you and can smoke your ass in a game of one-on-one (make it take it). Speaking of which, can anyone in the DC area believe that this Steve Blake guy is actually, sort of, "making it" in the NBA?