Re:San Diego multi-instrumentalists/vocalists/knob-twiddlers

derkface
audio school

Post by derkface » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:35 pm

Hello San Diego friends. I'm a young chap interested in making beautiful melodic ambient folky lap-pop glitch-hop type stuff. Influences: Notwist, Oval, Mum, Greg Davis, Fonica, Four Tet, Radiohead, Bjork, Prefuse 73.

I primarily play guitar, but i have a laptop outfitted with Reason and a midi keyboard, which i've become somewhat adept at using.

My rig includes, but is not limited to:
Fender Strat
Danelectro Hodad
Kustom 4x12 Cab and 100-wht head
Various Delay Distortion Synth pedals
Hammond Organ

Please be down to earth, I don't really work with crackhead hipsters, if you know what i mean.

Ciao.
It's better than good, Jerri... its gooder.

cajonezzz
audio school

Post by cajonezzz » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:21 am

Hey. We're in Oceanside. We've got a largish project studio that has three or four albums going on at any given time, with a lot of folks hanging out in various stages of band readiness.

Love to hearwhat your doing, and talk if your interested.

reply here and I'll e a ph#

craig
Proxy Music

madpie
pushin' record

Post by madpie » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Hey I've been moving more in the direction you're talking about after coming from a more singer-songwritery thing. There is a tune at http://www.skullphonic.com/terminal.mp3 that is probably the best thing I've done in this vein, and it's sort of where I'm interested in going.

I really like Four Tet's Rounds. I'm listening to it quite a bit lately. I enjoy all this stuff that manages to produce darker, less boring electronic music, and I'm interested in collaborating or contributing to whatever. ... and though I'm in LA, I go to SD pretty regularly b/c I have some family down there.

My gear is kind of crap. I just got a good laptop, but it's a pc and maybe you're on mac (?). Anyway if it sounds at all interesting lemme know. thanks.

btw full disclosure up front: I basically don't have any commercial aspirations, don't want to make a career out of music, etc. I just want to make music because I enjoy it.
With my Les paul, I know I'm small.