I love coffe.

I love coffee

Tea for me!
42%
Tea for me!
42%
(redbull)
11%
(rockstar-- bigger, harder, stronger, longer.... "Party like a Rockstar!")
5%

Total votes: 19

firemaplegirl
audio school

Re: I love coffe.

Post by firemaplegirl » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:59 pm

bert wrote:a bucket of yerba mate in the afternoon before my commute.
I just have to ask - Where/Why did you start drinking mat?? I don't know too many people in the states that are even familar with what it is, let only drink it on a regular basis. Do you use a bombilla to drink it with? Sorry just excited to find another mat? drinker.

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:35 am

Red Robin has a really cool strawberry lemonade.

I used to eat coffee beans in college; up there in Potsdam New York. I'm trying my best to stay away from caffeine now. I'm drinking a Coke, so I guess I'm not very disciplined.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:45 am

Black Flag's "Gimme Gimme Gimme" was probably originally titled "Coffee Coffee Coffee".

Got me some very smooth Fair Trade, local coffee shop java right here by my side.

Real men make press-pot coffee.

dbc
studio intern

Coffee in the morning...

Post by dbc » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:53 am

and green tea at night...
=8^{DC

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:39 am

yerba mate is just hitting the states on the pro-consumer level. kinda like ribbon mics. ya know. experienced engineers already knew about 'em, but then word got out and now prices are jacked up! :|

for me:

ruobios - or african red tea has a way of getting you all hydrated and uber healthy feeling after about a quart of the stuff. great for all day long projects that need to feel like a fitness marathon.

green tea - good for a mild caffine affect when you just need to stay focused but not shaking out of your trousers.

coffee is great for brain storming and getting the jump start, but a follow up plan needs to be in affect if I'm not to crash and burn then go a-emotional.

there is this new coke product which is pretty great (can't beleive i just said that!) called somethin like MCX 'er sumthin. it's got all the hypings of redbull but a bit milder then infuses with yerba mate, ginsing and more importantly vitamin b. so the after affect does'nt kill so bad.

vino-wine-the grape - now thats the magic juice!
boobs are life's fountain

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Post by the velour fog » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:07 am

have you been to vivace? my barista friend went there recently, and since has been obsessed with making the perfect espresso...he's getting DAMN close. I hear it's wonderful...just to see the machines would be worth the trip.
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."

bert
gettin' sounds

Post by bert » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:15 am

firemaplegirl wrote:
bert wrote:a bucket of yerba mate in the afternoon before my commute.
I just have to ask - Where/Why did you start drinking mat?? I don't know too many people in the states that are even familar with what it is, let only drink it on a regular basis. Do you use a bombilla to drink it with? Sorry just excited to find another mat? drinker.
This guy in my band turned me onto it. He's a massage therapist who's all into holistic stuff. We were talking about stomach issues, we both have stomach problems and he recommended it. he had an extra gourd to drink it from and gave me a bombilla.
I buy the mate in bulk at this italian wholesale market in the mission in SF. It's not like the kind at the grocery store that's in tea bags, this stuff is less processed and chunkier, like a bag of grass.
It's awesome. the best buzz and most relaxed I've ever felt.

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:00 am

yeah - you have to get the raw azz dope! and stick like a few ounces in to steep at a time! you really do get a vibe from it right away - and it's theraputic - not hype.

Vivice is awsome! Best espresso in Seattle w/o contest! There is better coffee (vita) but if you want straight espresso, that stuff is butta!
boobs are life's fountain

dwelle
buyin' a studio

Post by dwelle » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:16 pm

am i really the only person here hooked on the fucking red bull? i thought for sure there would be others....

DeafinONEear
steve albini likes it

Post by DeafinONEear » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:07 pm

dude, not red bull, but at one time I was H double-O K EEEEE D on Rockstar.....

how come not many people are voting for it???? It's so much better than red bull!!!

but here's the deal... BERT, what's the name of the joint you're getting it at? Is it that place on Valencia and, what, 20th is it? I've never been in there, but if you give me a reason to go, I'll take it...

but yeah, I thought everyone knew about mate.... but then again, maybe it's that crazy "i'm-in-SF-and-it's-a-freakin-island-away-from-the-rest-of-the-US-though-I-still-think-that-the-rest-of-the-country-thinks-the-way-the-SF-Progressives-think" thing that's so popular these days...

bert
gettin' sounds

Post by bert » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:22 pm

DeafinONEear wrote:dude, not red bull, but at one time I was H double-O K EEEEE D on Rockstar.....

how come not many people are voting for it???? It's so much better than red bull!!!

but here's the deal... BERT, what's the name of the joint you're getting it at? Is it that place on Valencia and, what, 20th is it? I've never been in there, but if you give me a reason to go, I'll take it...

but yeah, I thought everyone knew about mate.... but then again, maybe it's that crazy "i'm-in-SF-and-it's-a-freakin-island-away-from-the-rest-of-the-US-though-I-still-think-that-the-rest-of-the-country-thinks-the-way-the-SF-Progressives-think" thing that's so popular these days...
yeah, it's the place accross from Boogaloos on Valencia. You get this huge bag of mate for like 5 bucks.

firemaplegirl
audio school

Post by firemaplegirl » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:28 am

DeafinONEear wrote:but yeah, I thought everyone knew about mate.... but then again, maybe it's that crazy "i'm-in-SF-and-it's-a-freakin-island-away-from-the-rest-of-the-US-though-I-still-think-that-the-rest-of-the-country-thinks-the-way-the-SF-Progressives-think" thing that's so popular these days...
No one around here does but i think it may be that i live in hell, more commonly know as the suburbs, where majority of the people are of the "self-centered-and-completely-ignorant-of-anything-happpening-in-real-life/whats-happening-outside-their-own-little-world-and-totally-unwilling-to-try-something-from-another-culture-until-it-becomes-a-yuppie-fad." ilk.

Yeah, Bert, I use the loose stuff too. We usually get ours direct from South America. I didn't even know that they were packaging mat? in teabags. Aggghhh, so not the way it's meant to be consumed. Actually, I haven't had any in a long time. I usually drink it with my sis, who's living in WI for school. She's coming home for summer though so I'll probably have some when she gets back next week. :mrgreen:

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:21 am

"I love coffe, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me
my coffee, my tea my java and me

a cup a cup a cup a cup boy

Waiter waiter percolator"

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:14 am

My friends have a band, they are all brothers, and the youngest is 10 and they feed him like five red bulls and mountain dew before the shows and he goes nuts..it is a sight..

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Sounds like Cornholio...
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.