NASHVILLE

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

NASHVILLE

Post by tateeskew » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:45 pm

i'm in the process of moving from chicago to nashville and i am wanting to find some people to start playing and recording with. i'm a studio rat at heart and it's very much a part of how i write, but i indeed love the spontaneous feeling of playing off the cuff and improvising live. it was easy to find people with similar taste in chicago, but i am having trouble here in the nashville area.

it is hard for me to explain what it is i really enjoy playing as a musician, but i guess i will go with the 'ol cliche of naming a few bands i enjoy that reflect pieces of my own work. i am fond of huge builds and releases, noise, weird sounds, grooves, melody, drone, and so forth. some bands that i enjoy are do make say think, explosions in the sky, juno, sonic youth, brainiac, hum, mbv, les savy fav. well, you get the picture. if you live in the nashville area and want to get together and start something, let me know. oh, i play guitar and sing. all instruments are welcome. if you aren't necessarily interested yourself, maybe you could pass along the info. thanks and be well.

email: tate at zeroartradio.com
or you can just goto zeroartradio.com and use the form there.

cornsound
pushin' record

Re: NASHVILLE

Post by cornsound » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:24 am

just to let anyone who's interested know, me and tate (formzero) are still looking for more collaborators. (especially a drummer) :idea:

picksail
audio school

Post by picksail » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:42 pm

I'll be there in December. I'm moving from New Orleans.

Contact with/for details:

scararas@aol.com
Stewart Cararas

kernel
audio school

Post by kernel » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:27 pm

the whistles go woowoooo!!!

spitface
audio school graduate

Post by spitface » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:03 pm

hey, when you guys get some shows, let me know, and i'll come out.

davidm.
mdm2q@mtsu.edu

cornsound
pushin' record

Post by cornsound » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:15 pm

booo000oooo

still looky :lol:

smalldrums
pluggin' in mics

Post by smalldrums » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:41 pm

Hey there.
You nashville guys HAVE GOT TO contact some buddies of mine in nashville. I used to play drums in a band called bells for aida, last I heard they were looking for some people to collaborate with....kind of in the vein of explosions in the sky, sigur ros...like epic instrumental music...fun stuff, but anyway here are a few guys to email if you are interested...and trust me, these guys are great people, easy to get a long with. i would still be playing with them if i didnt move to indiana.

here are the people to email:

brian nga@internav.com
andy lemonadevil@hotmail.com

tell them alex sent you over to them. if you guys are into experimental stuff they would love to meet you and maybe rock out or something. let me know if it works out for you. hope this helps,
alex

evicerator4000
audio school

Post by evicerator4000 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:16 pm

i just moved to nashville a couple of weeks ago. ive done some art/noise playing before and have had a lot of fun with it. i dont have access to the wonderful equipment i used to, but im trying to get by. email me if you want and maybe we could work something out.
also, im a student at SAE, so in the future, when im further along in the program, you might be able to come in and have me record you for free. hot damn!

email: evicerator4000@yahoo.com

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

Post by tateeskew » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:08 pm

yo suckas..drew (weezy) and i are still looking for drummers, horn players, krazy geeky keys player/full on nerd..if you have a heartbeat and like breakdancing contests, (drewz gotz mad skillz) you will fit in perfectly. you must provide your own bandanas though. band policy.

use this brilliant device called the "internet" to contact us (it's like aol, you'll get the hang of it)

tate at zeroartradio.com
audibledesign at yahoo.com

cornsound
pushin' record

Post by cornsound » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:08 pm

xmas bump

cURVe sPACe
takin' a dinner break

Post by cURVe sPACe » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:37 pm

I can vouch for these nutcases, formzero played me some of their stuff and it definitely falls into the "good shit" category.

-mark
I'm goin' to the store, anybody need anything?

power supply
audio school

Post by power supply » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:35 am

Drop me a line at: bighumphrey1@yahoo.com
We've got some stuff happening here in Nashville.
Love to hear what y'all are thinking.

Phalaris
ass engineer

Post by Phalaris » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:40 pm

Hello, I live in Nashville as well, and am into most of the stuff you listed. I play bass mainly but am also into finding bands to produce/engineer and have some ins on studio time. Let me know if you guys get a show together. Also, I have many friends in the area and maybe able to hook you up with a show in either nashville or murfreesboro.

Jesse

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

Post by tateeskew » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:31 pm

YEP, it's official. Nashville, like 98% of the cities i've lived in, doesn't have a drummer located in it. nor is there any experimental horn players, or super geeky keyboard players.

do these kind of people exist here?

weezy and i have been looking for close to 9 months now. kind of hard to have breakdancing contests with no drummer(s)!!

contact us..do it

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:20 pm

When you say "super geeky," what exactly do you mean? I consider myself primarily a bass player, but I have an old Korg Poly 61 synth, a Wurlitzer 206, a bunch of effects, and a bass full-stack to play them through. I've been in Murfreesboro for a few months now, but every music project I've been involved with here has fallen through (not my fault, I swear!).

I listen to a wide range of stuff from the Jesus Lizard to Devo to At The Drive-In to The VSS and all points in between.

Drop me a line if any of you are interested.