Search found 2134 matches

by trashy
Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:09 am
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: ashes to ashes
Replies: 33
Views: 6271

I think 'Scary Monsters' was recorded in New York, but I won't disagree about the cocaine. Trashy: Sorry. I don't know if this helps, but according to Visconti: "Dennis Davis actually turned to Bruce Springsteen, so casual was the ambiance, and asked, "What band are you in?"" haha. I'm back on boar...
by trashy
Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:53 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: Buy CD or download?
Replies: 22
Views: 2784

I hate cds. I love albums - y'know: records, vinyl. I voted download. If I'm going to have to put up with a digital format, it had better be as convenient as possible. and itunes is the best program ever written. I download (legally) a couple of albums a month. And maybe one or two songs, besides. I...
by trashy
Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:45 pm
Forum: Tape Op Message Board (TOMB)
Topic: Has anyonce noticed the image at the bottum of the forum???
Replies: 10
Views: 4901

"anyonce" should be a word.
by trashy
Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:44 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: ashes to ashes
Replies: 33
Views: 6271

space_ryerson wrote:Apparently, Roy Bitten of the E Street band played that piano part.
*now hates Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes"*
by trashy
Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:41 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: silly iPod related question- FM transmitter for cars
Replies: 14
Views: 1823

Mine sucks. Totally. I've been thinking about posting in the DIY section to see if anyone had ideas on increasing their output or something to make them useful. well, I know some guy on some-other-board-that-shall-remain-nameless who pulled out his car stereo, found the preamp to the radio signal a...
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:19 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: ashes to ashes
Replies: 33
Views: 6271

joelpatterson wrote:"Station to Station" is more under-rated, maybe because it's worse.
*can't post, due to blown mind*
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:20 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: silly iPod related question- FM transmitter for cars
Replies: 14
Views: 1823

stinkpot wrote:I have the one from Monster. It's pretty good, and it charges my ipod.
getreel wrote:I have a Monster one of those and it super-sucks.

this is what I'm talking about.
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:16 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: silly iPod related question- FM transmitter for cars
Replies: 14
Views: 1823

John Jeffers wrote:I've tried three or four. They ALL suck.
this is what I mean. They all suck because your car stereo sucks. for some people the first transmitter they use works really well...
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:45 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: silly iPod related question- FM transmitter for cars
Replies: 14
Views: 1823

I think it really depends on your car stereo. The transmitters themselves are pretty much all the same, hardware-wise. The software may differ some and they may vary in features which may make them more or less usable. But as far as whether or not your car stereo picks them up, I think that has way ...
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:15 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: i could use some advice...
Replies: 8
Views: 1493

Maybe try something like the Motu Traveler with Logic. If you or a friend is a student, you can get a huge discount on Logic from the Apple Store. This would form the basis of a very nice portable rig and probably cost you less than $1500, leaving some $$$$ for a few other items; pres, cables, mics...
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:37 am
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: How do YOU record acoustic guitar with vocals?
Replies: 18
Views: 5325

drumsound wrote:I often use an XY pair on the guitar and a fugure 8 on the vocal. I'm more concerned about the vocal being isolated than the guitar. I usually add a stereo room pair as well.
this sounds like a phase nightmare.
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:14 am
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: How do YOU record acoustic guitar with vocals?
Replies: 18
Views: 5325

Re: How do YOU record acoustic guitar with vocals?

BradG wrote:leaves me with a totally mono recording.
you say that like it's a bad thing.
by trashy
Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:12 am
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: ashes to ashes
Replies: 33
Views: 6271

ashes to ashes is the most underrated bowie song. That is all I have to add.
by trashy
Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:42 pm
Forum: Creative Recording
Topic: I'd just like to say this forum is pointless.
Replies: 15
Views: 4031

If this forum is about creativity, then how come my gear lust went through the f-ing roof when TOMB came back online?

I don't blame NAMM, I'll tell you that.
by trashy
Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:57 pm
Forum: Listen to Music
Topic: Sufjan Stevens --Come on feel the Illinoise
Replies: 37
Views: 16433

Dubious wrote: worst cover for a record i have ever seen in my life...
Image