@!@$!@ computer player!!

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
daryl
audio school

@!@$!@ computer player!!

Post by daryl » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:06 pm

Evenin' everybody! I have some player woes that I can not figure out. I have exercised every option that I can think of, and I am hoping someone here can give me some useful advice. I can't seem to stream audio without going around the long way. Which makes writing with friends via email a pain. This is what I know: I have windows 2K, musicmatch jukebox. I cannot click and play, I have to right click, save to desktop, then it will play. My default player is musicmatch, and I have tried winamp, which didn't work either. I upgraded to windows 2K about 2-3 months ago from 98 (which sucked, other than I actually had no problems streaming audio), and ever since the upgrade, haven't had success. I have looked, and looked at the options on musicmatch, and on my settings for my computer, and no luck. I can't recieve any help from musicmatch unless I upgrade to a paying customer. Funny thing is, is when I click hi fi play on any form of mp3, it will go to my music library, but will not let me load it in the player. It tells me that it "file cannot be found and if it is on removable media please replace and try again" :? , and will not allow to play. :( This is probably a very simple thing, however, it has proven to be unbeatable for about 2 1/2 months, and is winning the fight against my patience. :evil:
This may not be the appropriate topic for this forum, I am aware of that, but, I am at a loss. If nobody here can seem to help, hopefully when I start school in 2 weeks (The Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences), someone there can help. Thanks to any and all who offer kind advice. :D

Daryl Eakins
Spare Bedroom Studios
Keep on keepin' on