Importing Wavefiles into Cubase 5.1

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
newguy12
alignin' 24-trk

Importing Wavefiles into Cubase 5.1

Post by newguy12 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:43 pm

I have a few synth samples I want to import into Cubase 5.1. The problem is when I import them their tempo is almost double what it should be. I can't change the overall tempo of the song because I'll screw up the other tracks and I can't seem to do anything with timestretching to get them to sound the way they originally did. Although I know this is probably a dumbass question and I'm more than likely just not thinking, to avoid the most obvious solution/response, I did look through the documentation and still have been uable to resolve my problem.

interloper
pluggin' in mics

Re: Importing Wavefiles into Cubase 5.1

Post by interloper » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:11 pm

What's the sample rate of your project, and what are the sample rates of the wav files?

Are you importing to the pool, then dropping them into an audio track?

newguy12
alignin' 24-trk

Post by newguy12 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:55 pm

As far as I know the wave files are all 24/48 and so are the files in Cubase. I've only tried importing the audio directly to a seperate track thus far, I'll didn't think it made a difference if I brought it into the pool first. Thanks for the help, I'll give it another go and post my results.

interloper
pluggin' in mics

Post by interloper » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:34 pm

Audition the files within the pool. If the tempo has been affected there, then something went wrong with the import. If not, then some project settings might be the culprit.