PTLE now works on a G5... right?

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
cashed checks
gimme a little kick & snare

PTLE now works on a G5... right?

Post by cashed checks » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:00 pm

i'm about to finish paying off my car so i need something to waste money on. enter, the G5.

i'm taking the big leap cuz i don't want to have to even think about buying another computer for a loooong time.

i've already done a search on here but nothing was current enough. I checked the digi website and they SAY that PTLE 6.2.3 works with a G5 but i was hoping someone could give me a little reassurance that are no unresolved issues. Anybody rockin a G5?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

aaronsternke
audio school graduate

Re: PTLE now works on a G5... right?

Post by aaronsternke » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm

Hey man,

I got a dual 2Ghz G5 with a 002rack and PTLE, and PT FLIES on the G5. Really, really fast. I've had big sessions going and the G5 has totally rocked thus far. Had it for several months.

I'm actually going to school right now... (fullsail... hey don't kill me) they got a bunch of HD rigs of course... most of them running on G4s. Anyway, I found myself missing my own little home setup when I work on the systems there, just because of how fast operation is with the G5. Crazy!

Anyway, can't recommend it high enough. Go for it!

Aaron

Current Resistance
gettin' sounds

Re: PTLE now works on a G5... right?

Post by Current Resistance » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:25 pm

i've been running pro tools LE 6.2.3 for a while on my dual 2Ghz G5 and i feel like GOD.

i have not yet found my limit on plug ins....its infinite i think.