"FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33...what the fuck?

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
voidoid
audio school graduate

"FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33...what the fuck?

Post by voidoid » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:48 am

hi.....could anyone explain this to me......while trying to bounce a song down in pro tools le 6.4 running on mac os x i got this message several times:

could not complete the "Bouce to Disk..." command because: Assertion in "FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33.

bouncing from 88.2/24 to 44.1/16 stereo interleaved with plugins/automations figured after the bounce.....i got this at tweakhead and the "best" option.....i had to reboot, use fsck, then repair disk utilities to get it to work......i know how to work around it....but what is it?

digi answerbase has proven to be awful at answering my questions....

thanks!!!!!!!

musicjon
pluggin' in mics

Re: "FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33...what the fuc

Post by musicjon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:10 am

Wow, never seen that one before. is FF_AudioProperty.cpp a file on your computer? You could run a quick search of your drive just to see if the file is part of PT or the OS.

Phiz
buyin' gear

Post by Phiz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:54 am

musicjon wrote:is FF_AudioProperty.cpp a file on your computer?
No. FF_AuidoProperty.cpp is most like a C++ source code file and thus is not on your computer. The error message makes it sound like it is throwing an exception, meaning an unusual condition was met and so it launched some designated error handling code. The Digidesign User Conference has some threads about this error, including responses from Digidesign tech support. Unfortunately they sound quite confused by it, and were not able to duplicate the problem.

mattb
ass engineer

Post by mattb » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:53 pm

I've had this happen to me long ago but forgot the solution so I looked it up on the Answerbase section of the Digi site.

This is caused by corrupted fade files. Trashing the Fade Files folder and letting Pro Tools rebuild them typically solves the problem.

Let me know if this works.

-Matt