iMac G5 problems with Tascam 1884

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
DarenDixon
audio school

iMac G5 problems with Tascam 1884

Post by DarenDixon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:40 am

Question: are there known problems with connecting a Tascam FW1884 and the new iMac G5 :x ? My iMac does not 'see' the FW1884.

I initially (last month) had purchased the iMac G5, Digi's 002 rack and a Laci external hard drive. everything worked fine. I then purchased the FW1884 and connected it using firewire. The iMac never could 'see' the FW1884 even though I downloaded the latest driver from the Tascam website. I think that the FW1884 actually blew my firewire ports on the iMac. I went and got a replacement FW1884 and a brand new iMac. The iMac easily recognizes the Digi 002 rack and the Laci hard drive. When I connect the FW1884 it is not recognized, again even though I have downloaded the latest from the Tascam website. The FireWire light on the surface of the FW1884 does not light up but the ports themselves do light up red, making me think it is an issue with the driver. I have tried connecting the FW 1884 both directly to the computer and through the 002 rack and have tested all of my cables. I am also new to mac so am wondering if there is something obvious I am overlooking in config?? Help appreciated.