Monitoring tracks in record mode in PT?

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
twitchmonitor
re-cappin' neve

Monitoring tracks in record mode in PT?

Post by twitchmonitor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:20 pm

I need to send a few tracks out of the analog outs of PT WHILE those tracks are being recorded. Can I just set the tracks "output" to Analog 1 or 2 or whatever? I remember that the last time I tried this it didn't work...wouldn't let me to take the signal back OUT of PT while recording.

Is there a workaround for this?

???

kcrusher
tinnitus

Re: Monitoring tracks in record mode in PT?

Post by kcrusher » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:33 pm

Yes, setting it to analog 1/2 should do it. As long as the tracks are recording you should hear playback...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

twitchmonitor
re-cappin' neve

Post by twitchmonitor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:18 pm

bombastique wrote:Yes, setting it to analog 1/2 should do it. As long as the tracks are recording you should hear playback...
I'm not looking for the stereo mix....I'm looking to send 4 tracks out simultaneously. Can it be done?

xpulsar
pushin' record

Post by xpulsar » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:37 pm

yes it can.what version of PT are you using TDM or LE? Mac or windows? If in os 9x..
PT LE set it for low lantency monitoring, and then input only monitoring. You will only hear the inputs when you hit play or record. You can do so By Clicking Option+K , which will switch between Input only and Auto Input monitor modes.