Speaking of Traction...

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
drliebs
gettin' sounds

Speaking of Traction...

Post by drliebs » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:35 am

I was really hoping to learn this software as it is affordable and cross platform and that makes me happy.

I have been trying to use Reason and ReWire and have come to a stumbling block. I generaly use Reason as a drum machine, and have individual outs for all of the drums, including seperate hat and ride outs. When I bring this into the DAW software, I will process the tracks and then group the toms to a pair, and all cymbals, hats etc to a pair.

What I have found so far is that I can assign reason outputs to tracks in tracktion, then send the traction tracks to my audio outputs. As soon as I send the reason outputs in tracktion to another track (ie group) I lose all reason tracks that went directly to the audio outputs (like my kick for example)

Are there limitations to the number of groups available, and can groups feed other groups; ie...all background vocals go to a group, then all lead vocals go to another group, with both of those groups being sent to a final group (this is great for compression techniques) I frequently mix in stems so I need to be able to do this. Or is this a quirk with ReWire?

I also managed to make all of my tracks disappear. The material was still there, I could zoom in and out but there was just a grid. I did it twice and I could not figure out how to get my view back.
If it's not Scottish it's CRAP

Wilkesin
steve albini likes it

Re: Speaking of Traction...

Post by Wilkesin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:13 pm

This seems way over my head at the moment. I'll re-read this thread at a sober time and see if i can add anytihing, until then let's just consider this a bump to hope that DJDM jumps in this thread to answer everyone's questions once again.