Level meters in Digital Performer

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
Leopold
buyin' a studio

Level meters in Digital Performer

Post by Leopold » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:47 pm

So did my first tracking session yesterday on DP with a 24IO. My goal for the first day was just to get everything to sound good. that was ok a few problems like the Audio Thru Vs. Midi Thru monitoring, for some reason my default was MIDI and it took a good few minutes to find the section in the manual where this could be reconfigured.
Also, I wasn't getting my level meters to register incoming audio, I had to rely on the meters on the 24IO and luckily they were pretty accurate. So those little green meters next to the faders didn't give me any indication of what was going on while recording and overdubbing. How do i get them to become active? They do register during playback.
I just looked in the manual (4.0 pg. 189) and it looks like I have to go to MAS and "Retain Clip." I won't be at the studio until tonight so any heads up will help out.

Soon to come..mixing and automation questons..effects sends etc..

thanks,
leo
"I raged against the machine and all this money came out!" Bart Simpson

Milkmansound
george martin

Re: Level meters in Digital Performer

Post by Milkmansound » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:21 pm

gotta rely on the Audio Monitor screen: Shift+A brings it up - you can monitor the incoming levels there. But they are no different than your MOTU hardware. You think they'd allow you to see it in the mixer...
(((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!