Korg MicroKONTROL in ProTools LE 6.4

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
thebookofkevin
studio intern

Korg MicroKONTROL in ProTools LE 6.4

Post by thebookofkevin » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:20 pm

I recently purchased a korg microkontrol and am having some trouble using it in ProTools (LE 6.4, with Mbox)

i can't figure out how to use it for the midi instruments.
i was also wondering if it's possible to use the midi controls as far as mixing automation type stuff is concerned.

how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Musicians are cowards.

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Re: Korg MicroKONTROL in ProTools LE 6.4

Post by sonikbliss » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:32 pm

Assuming that you have your AMS (Audio/MIDI Setup on OSX) setup correctly and ProTools is recognizing your microKontrol what you want to do is create a MIDI track in PT, set the input of the MIDI track to the microkontrol (set it to ALL or the specific MIDI channel that you're using). If you are using it with outboard MIDI sound modules and AMS is setup correctly you should see those modules as choices on the MIDI tracks outputs. Select which one you want to use and record the audio into PT.

If you are using virtual sound modules, first create an AUX track and insert the program you are using. After you have the virtual sound module inserted on an aux track you should be able to select it as an output on your MIDI track. When you are ready to record the sounds from it, just bus the ouput of the aux track to the input of an audio track and record.

Hope this helps, Jason