Delta 44 driver update a no go...ideas?

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
endupok
pluggin' in mics

Delta 44 driver update a no go...ideas?

Post by endupok » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:57 am

I just updated my Nuendo version to 1.6 and couldn't get my delta 44 working. I figured I needed to update the ASIO drivers. Went straight to M-Audio's website and downloaded "Delta Series WDM Driver" ver. 5.10.00.29 for Windows 2000.

The unzipped file does not contain any setup/installer executable. This is not good. It does contain a strange file called "deltapnl.ex_". I renamed the file with an .exe extension and tried to run it, but it did nothing.

I tried a older version of the driver and got the same result. Anybody encountered this? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Everybody's X
re-cappin' neve

Re: Delta 44 driver update a no go...ideas?

Post by Everybody's X » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:43 pm

go to my computer on your desktop, right click on it select properties, device manager. find your soundcard in device mnager, double clik it select "update driver" when the comp asks where to look for the updated driver browse to the folder where you downloaded the driver. That should do it.
www.everybodysx.com

Everybody's X
re-cappin' neve

Re: Delta 44 driver update a no go...ideas?

Post by Everybody's X » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:46 pm

aww hell I didnt notice you said windows 2000 so that may not be applicable at all, that would be how to do it in xp or 9x. I have no idea about 2k,