Central Illinois - I'm there

mjau
speech impediment

Central Illinois - I'm there

Post by mjau » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:15 am

2 weeks and I'm living in Bloomington. I'm looking for anyone to record/play with. I play bass, guitar, and a little keys. Can't sing, but I try a somewhat. Got some recording equipment, and will have a basement all to my own to record in. I'd like to get into a band situation, or at least meet some drummers to do some recording. I'm into a pretty wide range of stuff...the last few cd's/records I've listened to are: Neil Young/Rust Never Sleeps, John Frusciante/the latest one, Beastie Boys/Check Your Head, Hum/Astronaut, and the Beach Boys/Friends.
Yeah, so if you're around and interested, PM me.
scott.

JustinHedrick
steve albini likes it

Re: Central Illinois - I'm there

Post by JustinHedrick » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:08 pm

hey, i'm in rantoul, an hour from bloomington, jamming is always cool by me.

cheers
Justin

ldb
audio school

Re: Central Illinois - I'm there

Post by ldb » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:54 am

Hey,

I'm in Bloomington IL as well, and looking for some people to jam with. I play guitar, and do some home recording.

My musical interests vary depending on my mood and whatnot. Some of the recent things ive been listening to are:

Sting, The Beatles, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Morbid Angel, Duran Duran, Radiohead, Audioslave, A Perfect Circle. And lots more...

My gear:

Jackson Rhodes (I believe its a RR1, the USA model, bought around '91)
Peavy 5150 amplifier (extremely loud, great for playing gigs)
Boss Digital Delay DD-6.
Alesis QS6 Synth.

Basically, I have been looking for a songwriting partner. I would like to write songs, record them, and if they are good enough, try to play them live.

I have experience playing in bands. I was a guitar player for a band called "Infect" around '93-'95. You can hear some tracks at:
http://www.puresimplicity.net/~ldb/infect/. I don't play that style of guitar anymore, though. Now I mostly play in drop-d tuning and much more simple.

One of the more recent songs i've written is more synth/pop (but still sorta dark), and can be heard at:
http://www.puresimplicity.net/~ldb/ring ... ith_me.mp3

I also have live sound experience as well. I was the house sound guy for a bar in downtown Normal (The Gallery) for a couple years. We had acts that ranged from extreme punk rock, rap, hard rock, ska, experimental, jazz, metal, the list goes on....

Let me know if you are interested in talking, jamming or whatever. You can reach me via email at ldb<at>puresimplicity.net (just replace the <at> with @, obviously).

Levi