Looking violin / viola / cello player(s)

Deadtide.com
gimme a little kick & snare

Looking violin / viola / cello player(s)

Post by Deadtide.com » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:41 pm

I'm the guitarist for The Living Fields, and we're preparing to record our first album. We play a sort of European style of metal with string quartet arrangements. Our first demo, "The Miseries Never Cease" is available in its entirety at our website: http://www.thelivingfields.com.

For the new songs, I'm going to try and record live strings instead of using sampled instruments. We don't have the budget to hire a professional musicians, so I'm looking for either a handful of players or one very talented multi-instrumentalist who's interested in working on a labor-of-love type of project...

Here's what we need:

- Violin, viola and cello player(s) with a fair amount of proficiency

-?Ability to either read a score or pick up parts by ear (the lines are typically very simple)

- For violin, ability to solo with a mix of classical shred and folk/gypsy melodic sense is HUGE plus ?

- EITHER live in the Chicago-land area OR have a decent home-recording setup and time to experiment

Logistically, it'd be easiest to find one person to handle all three instruments, but if we could somehow assemble a rag-tag internet quartet, that could work out, too...

If you or someone you know fits the bill, digs the music and might be interested in working with us, please EMAIL ME at jason@thelivingfields.com.

Any help is appreciated!