Rhythm Section available in Denver area.

The Scum
moves faders with mind

Rhythm Section available in Denver area.

Post by The Scum » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:04 pm

Trying to pull a new band out of the ashes of the old one...

We're a drummer and bassist with a guitarist who's decided the band is taking too much of his time away from other things, so we're looking for something new.

We're into old-school punk/alternative music, and are looking to explore some new territory. Favorites include the Pixies, Sonic Youth, Chrome, Motorhead, the Minutemen, Einsterzende Neubauten, Billy Childish, and so on... We've got gear, stay sober, and like to rock out.

Ideally, we'd be looking to form a new power trio, but are open to possibilities. Goals include gigging and recording, maybe a DIY tour if situations warrant.

If you're interested, shoot me an email: thescum @ surfree.com

Byron Jacquot

radiantbrian
takin' a dinner break

Re: Rhythm Section available in Denver area.

Post by radiantbrian » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:06 pm

I missed this post the first time around, but luckily found it eventually.

Anyway, y'all still looking around for someone? I've been mainly doing solo recording projects lately (check out mp3.com/radiant_republic_of_ to get a sense of what i like to do) but really miss playing guitar in a band. i like to sing some too. You listed some of my favorites, but i'd also add; wire, slint, fugazi, the birthday party, shellac, guided by voices, polvo, etc.

i too am looking for a trio, mainly because my guitar playing is kind of strange and doesn't blend well with most guitarists and because it's easier to organize. i like to play local shows and (primarily) record, but modest touring can be a lot of fun.

well, let me know what your situation is.

brian