Established Seattle band looking for guitar/vocals/keys

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Established Seattle band looking for guitar/vocals/keys

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:59 pm

Sadly, our friend and second guitarist/vocalist is parting ways with us for parts East. We have played as a three piece before, and we're happy to do it again, but we're going to miss the extra rawk a fouth member can bring, so here goes.

We like stuff like Elvis Costello, Ride, The Beatles, Fugazi, Blonde Redhead, Nick Drake, The Stone Roses, Dinosaur Jr., and Burning Airlines, but we've been compared to Yo La Tengo, Karate, Steely Dan (I can't say I understand that one.), Big Star, The Cars, and Yes (I don't get that one either.).

We've been around for over 2 years and have a nationally distributed album. We have been reviewed in national publications and profiled in The Stranger. We have appeared live on the air on KEXP twice, and have played The Crocodile, Chop Suey, Graceland, The Sunset, etc... We have no illusions about becoming rock stars, but we enjoy playing music and despite being comfortably in our 30's we have every intention to keep doing it.

Our ideal 4th member would have a good grasp of basic theory, a good ear and voice for harmonies, and the ability/willingness to play some keyboard (Rhodes/combo organ, etc...) on a few songs. We usually practice once a week and rarely more than twice. Most importantly we are looking for someone we click with on a personal level.

Anyway, if this appeals to you or you think it might appeal to someone you know, please visit out site @ (www.feyray.com) and listen to the mp3s posted there. If you're still interested after that, drop me a private message via this board or e-mail me (howard_seth@hotmail).

Thanks
I the prostitute, shall not hide...
But I was very much bothered with my work!

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Re: Established Seattle band looking for guitar/vocals/keys

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:14 pm

Anyone?
I the prostitute, shall not hide...
But I was very much bothered with my work!

Novella
audio school graduate

Re: Established Seattle band looking for guitar/vocals/keys

Post by Novella » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:03 pm

I would be interested I am a guitarist/vocalist/cello/percussion/some keys. I live in Kent, and am looking fo a new band. Email me Tristan@smartpeoplefactory.com

:evil:
"We were the lovers with silver wings"
- The Violet Burning