Cinci/Dayton Ohio people needed!

sthslvrcnfsn
steve albini likes it

Cinci/Dayton Ohio people needed!

Post by sthslvrcnfsn » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:58 pm

I'm looking for anybody to play with in the Cincinnati/Dayton/Oxford Ohio area. I live in Oxford, but hell, most everyone's got a car, so people can drive out here, or I can drive elsewhere.

I can play guitar and drums, maybe sing back up, and have some recording equipment and knowhow (duh, I'm on the TapeOp board). Oh and I can play the tamborine! I love the tambourine. I like music all across the board - all different kinds of indie, rock, jazz, reggae, country (note: think gram parsons and not brooks and dunn or whatever), punk, blues, bluegrass, 60s psych and freakout, etc.

What I'm really interested in doing, though, is a noisier version of a glam rock kind of outfit. Think mainly of the NY Dolls(!), The Faces, and Exile on Main Street -era Rolling Stones ... meets the noise of the Stratford 4, MC5, Stooges, Outtrageous Cherry, the Velvet Underground(!) ... meets a 60s jangle aspect of the Chamber Strings, the Brian Jonestown Massacre(!), early electric Dylan. For the record I know I mentioned Ronnie Wood twice. Now go back and look at the ones I did the "!" to, and that's what you should really think about.

Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Toledo? Anyone?
I'll have some home made recordings done in a week or so, and I'll put them up on the web ASAP.

Jim

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Re: Cinci/Dayton Ohio people needed!

Post by toothpastefordinner » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:03 pm

i am in columbus, send me mail!

spam@toothpastefordinner.com

used to live in cincinnati- what a wasteland (just one man's opinion here)

No Wave Casio Kitsch
re-cappin' neve

Post by No Wave Casio Kitsch » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:04 pm

toothpastefordinner wrote: used to live in cincinnati- what a wasteland (just one man's opinion here)
I would have to agree with that opinion...and everyone is entitled to my opinion. :P

I escaped to Chicago a few years ago.
Who cares what it sounds like soloed?

Freelance Recording/Production
Assistant Studio Manager - ShangriLA Studios

SKEETER
steve albini likes it

Post by SKEETER » Mon May 03, 2004 11:42 pm

damn! I love the faces, I live just south of cowtown, I can do a hell of a Ronnie Wood emulation. my personal music sounds like CCR, Steppenworlf, Grand funk, etc., but, I love the blues oriented play the drums with hammers rock. I also think Humble Pie is one of the greatest bands ever.....
cbriggs@ee.net
http://www.angelfire.com/on2/cbriggs/music.html