Washington DC Area

brainfreezebob
gettin' sounds

Washington DC Area

Post by brainfreezebob » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:49 am

PATHETIC SINGER/SONGWRITER/MULTI-INSTRUMENTALIST SEEKS MUSIC-TYPES OF ALL STRIPES TO STROKE EGO.

I've been in the basement for a couple of years working on hundreds of 30-60 second snippets of complete crap. Recently I decided to take the all-important step of working through an entire song. Big, big step. It was also crap, finished crap possessing at least the virtue of effort.

My two connections with the outside world, long-time live-in girlfriend Sara and fellow Tape-Oper Allen, have recently stepped up efforts to coax me out of my hole. We've been talking about a loosely configured "band."

I would be interested in meeting and engaging in musical congress with anyone in the area who shares an interest in making really great music, especially people who find that goal unreachable. Guitar players, knob-twiddles, beat-smiths, opera singers, ukulele troubadours, drummers, leather-pantsed metal heads, teenage punk rock acid-freaks, etc. Talented primitives (like, you're not "good," but your good) would be a welcome change (I'm "good," but not very good).

Allen seems to think I'm hung up on old music, but I'm into lots of modern stuff. I consume music with a 16 year-old's sexual appetite.

I need music friends, comrades in arms! Let's bitch and moan about our creative shortcomings over a beer at the Galaxy Hut...or better yet, quit the bitching and moaning and get to work.

PS: I don't get along with cool people. Nerds only.

Double Tones
alignin' 24-trk

Re: Washington DC Area

Post by Double Tones » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:58 am

Pretty "Cool" post. 8) Kinda reminds me of myself.
Where in DC are you? I am in Maryland.
How old are you, who are some of your favorite artists\bands?
-See my post a few below this one called "Indie Rock N' Roll...In MD"

Peace

brainfreezebob
gettin' sounds

Post by brainfreezebob » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:09 am

Well, this morning I?ve listened to Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth, the Andre 3000 side of the new Outkast, Plastic Ono band by John Lennon, and the new Books album, the Lemon of Pink.

As far as what shows up in my music, maybe the Microphones, Flaming Lips, Motown/Phil Spector, Nick Drake, Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, Beach Boys, and I don?t know what. Not that I sound anything like all this good stuff.

I?ll be 25 in November. I live in the Ballston area of Arlington.

P.S (in reference to your thread): I also dig Wilco, Weezer (though that?s getting harder to admit with every album), Granddaddy (aka the most boring live band on earth ? did you go to that show?), and Sunny Day. I fucking love the Boss.

Robert

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:28 am

Baltimore

Check us out. Let me know what you think. IT might be to far to work together, but I like your post.

http://www.betrayalofautumn.com

-Matt
-Matthew Macchio$tab

Double Tones
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Double Tones » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:11 am

Thanks for the nice reply and sorry mines a little late. I think I am too far away and a little younger than you. Oh well, still a nice post by you, Im sure youll meet the right people.

Rock 8)

dino
takin' a dinner break
Location: a mile west of the crossroads & the old circus grounds

Post by dino » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:26 am

Ballston Commons to Glebe road..... To Carlyn Springs, To Columbia Pike... Pass the dam... Now your'e in my neighborhood.... 50+ year old with a new DAW, and more audio equipment than my marginal talent can possibly justify.. Just finishing up re-assembling my little space.. Looking at spring 05 to start phase three of the Pouxhawk Project... Will need singer-songwriters-arrangers, a drummer/programmer, and an eclectic collection of musicians to produce original, Hard Assed Folk rock/ blues...

poux
I'd gladly trade everything I have now for a nice sounding room and a bucket of 57's

subversive
audio school

Post by subversive » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:00 am

brainfreezebob wrote:PATHETIC SINGER/SONGWRITER/MULTI-INSTRUMENTALIST SEEKS MUSIC-TYPES OF ALL STRIPES TO STROKE EGO.

I've been in the basement for a couple of years working on hundreds of 30-60 second snippets of complete crap. Recently I decided to take the all-important step of working through an entire song. Big, big step. It was also crap, finished crap possessing at least the virtue of effort.

My two connections with the outside world, long-time live-in girlfriend Sara and fellow Tape-Oper Allen, have recently stepped up efforts to coax me out of my hole. We've been talking about a loosely configured "band."

I would be interested in meeting and engaging in musical congress with anyone in the area who shares an interest in making really great music, especially people who find that goal unreachable. Guitar players, knob-twiddles, beat-smiths, opera singers, ukulele troubadours, drummers, leather-pantsed metal heads, teenage punk rock acid-freaks, etc. Talented primitives (like, you're not "good," but your good) would be a welcome change (I'm "good," but not very good).

Allen seems to think I'm hung up on old music, but I'm into lots of modern stuff. I consume music with a 16 year-old's sexual appetite.

I need music friends, comrades in arms! Let's bitch and moan about our creative shortcomings over a beer at the Galaxy Hut...or better yet, quit the bitching and moaning and get to work.

PS: I don't get along with cool people. Nerds only.

I kinda a cool nerd if that helps :roll: I'm in Baltimore I like electro
new wave punk soul funk hip hop. I'm kinda a knob-twiddler type
I play keys and make noises on guitar. I would like to issue a proper release and rule the world of course... but jamming and hangin' out
if it leads to something is cool too Check me out Objekt @ myspace.com
As It Is... So Be It
Sex Style And Subversion