columbus ohio - jangly guitars / indie-pop

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

columbus ohio - jangly guitars / indie-pop

Post by toothpastefordinner » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:30 pm

Hello,

I'm in Columbus ohio and am always looking for new people to play music with. I write and record music (some is here - http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/music.php - check "belgium", it is my latest) and I like to listen to guided by voices, olivia tremor control, pavement, violent femmes, oranger, portastatic, superchunk..... the usual suspects.

If you would like to say hello (for music stuff or not) send me an email at spam@toothpastefordinner.com ... I just moved here last year and have yet to find more than a couple musicians who aren't either untalented or completely crazy.

drew
www.toothpastefordinner.com

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Re: columbus ohio - jangly guitars / indie-pop

Post by toothpastefordinner » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:36 pm

Blah blah, still playing music, etc. I am at the point where I'm ready to give up meeting anyone halfway intelligent, responsible, or least of all musically tasteful and talented. (Haha, actually I don't really try at all anymore, thus my occasional posts here...)

drew
www.toothpastefordinner.com

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:26 pm

Well, for starters, leave Ohio... :wink:
Heurh!

fischer, max
audio school

Post by fischer, max » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:50 pm

i really wish i could be in this band. i thoroughly enjoy the drawings and songs. if you'd like to come to austin or do some sort of ridiculous online collaboration-type-deal, i'm in.

Echos Myron
takin' a dinner break

Post by Echos Myron » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:43 pm

I've never really looked in this forum!

I'm here in Columbus--Upper Arlington/Grandview-ish area. Welcome to the city.

Well, I own both Black Foliage and the Circulatory System album--and like Pavement a lot. I love Bee Thousand/Alien Lanes era Guided by Voices (don't all GBV fans?).

To give you an idea--lately my favorite stuff has been the Shins, Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, Zombies, Iron & Wine, Kinks, "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan," Broken Social Scene, Spoon's "Kill the Moonlight," etc....

My job hasn't given me much free time lately, but send me a message if you like and we'll talk. I'm not completely untalented (that's arguable) and very much sane.

Jason

SKEETER
steve albini likes it

Post by SKEETER » Mon May 03, 2004 11:15 pm

HEllo neighbors!, I grew up in cowtown, I know upper arlington well, it is a neighborhood on the west side. I live in the boonies above Mt Sterling. I am not really familiar with any of the bands you guys mentioned, I am more into music from when rock was happening... the comment about leaving cowtown, man is that ever the truth, it is all a band can do there to make enough playing for gas money, bars in dayton pay better..........