Once Again- Anyone have SOUND CHOICE magazine?

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Once Again- Anyone have SOUND CHOICE magazine?

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:34 pm

Title says it. I am looking for any back issues of SOUND CHOICE magazine. Scan them and put them online, copy & trade, or buy (last resort). If anyone can put these on the web somewhere that would be great, it was a great music mag that hipped me to a lot of good stuff back in the day...
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:22 am

Wow...that's a throw back. I think I have a few issues of Sound Choice in the archives. Funny thing is, I've recently been going through the old music zines. If you're interested in the copies I have, let me know.

Bryan
Shoeshine Recording Studio
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 pm

I wrote record reviews for them, but mine all died in a basement flood years ago...
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:03 am

centurymantra wrote:Wow...that's a throw back. I think I have a few issues of Sound Choice in the archives. Funny thing is, I've recently been going through the old music zines. If you're interested in the copies I have, let me know.
Pm'd you...
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

Lorcan
audio school

Post by Lorcan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:40 am

I am an admirer of the ethos of Sound Choice as the true standard bearer of OP magazine, which was in many ways a first representative of the narrowcasting zine culture of the late 80's, early 90's and subsequent rise of the long-tail / web 2.0 idea.

I would imagine that David Ciaffardini would have some copies and that he would be excited about collaborating with someone who was motivated to put them on the web.

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:01 pm

Yes, that would be awesome. I never did get any issues of Sound Choice. I'm still looking....hello, person with a box of them in their basement...I'm talking to you...