Who would you like to see Tape Op interview

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

the brill bedroom
pushin' record

Post by the brill bedroom » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:31 pm

I second the Gamble & Huff nomination and it'd be great to get Thom Bell in on that action as well.
check out what I did on my Otrari 8 track at
http://www.myspace.com/3903599

peopleperson
audio school

Post by peopleperson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:30 am

Krautrock.

Anything having anything to do with Faust, Can, Neu, Kraftwerk, Harmonia, Cluster, Tangerine Dream, Ash ra Tempel, etc.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:51 am

Kitana_One wrote:I'd also like to see:

Cevin Key, Dave Ogilvie, Greg Reely, Ken Marshall, Anthony Valcic (Skinny Puppy/Mushroom Studios)
Martin Atkins (PIL/Killing Joke/Pigface/Invisible Records)
Oh yeah, baby. Marin Atikins freakin rules. Check that bass sound on the track "Public Image" and tell me I'm wrong. Holy toledo!
Kitana_One wrote:oh, I never thought I'd see "Crucifucks" mentioned at the Tape-Op board. What a small world it is. I thought no-one knew who they were.
THE LITTLE HAND IS ON THE TWO! THE BIG HAND IS POINTING AT YOU!

Good old Crucirfucks.

Kitana_One
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Kitana_One » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:24 am

apropos of nothing wrote: THE LITTLE HAND IS ON THE TWO! THE BIG HAND IS POINTING AT YOU!

Good old Crucirfucks.

That's my favorite track by them. I really need to find a copy of that double album CD.

I also want to find a copy of Sub-Hum-Ans, Rats-Time Flies E.P.

I never really cared much for punk. But those are two of the very few that I actually really like. I've always been an Industrial, EBM and electronic music fan mostly as I was born in the late 70's, that's what I grew up on electronic New Wave, Industrial, Goth and Techno from my mother and older sisters.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:55 pm

Kitana_One wrote:I also want to find a copy of Sub-Hum-Ans, Rats-Time Flies E.P.
I love the subhumans. I got to see them in concert in around 1997. Best. Show. Ever. Wow. They ripped it twice as hard on stage as on the record, and the records are great.
Kitana_One wrote:I never really cared much for punk. But those are two of the very few that I actually really like. I've always been an Industrial, EBM and electronic music fan mostly as I was born in the late 70's, that's what I grew up on electronic New Wave, Industrial, Goth and Techno from my mother and older sisters.
Haha. He likes the Crucifucks and not punk. Right.

Go getcha a copy of DK's Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables and come back and tell me you don't like some punk. Hee hee.

I love the industrial/EBM too, although I'm a little sick of 4-on-the-floor at this point. 8)

Kitana_One
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Kitana_One » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:20 pm

apropos of nothing wrote:

Go getcha a copy of DK's Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables and come back and tell me you don't like some punk. Hee hee.

I love the industrial/EBM too, although I'm a little sick of 4-on-the-floor at this point. 8)

My wife has that DK album. I don't realyl care for it. I've just never been fanatical or really into it. I just happen to appreciate a few odd albums in that genre here and there.

I concur about the modern take on industrial. There are still a few good bands out there pushng the envelope, but not many. Just like any other genre , it's filled with imitators now. I don't really consider the 4 on the floor stuff to be Industrial. It's more like Hard Dark Trance with Vocals and lots of Dialogue samples. I can't stand trance really. 4 on the floor is the worst excuse for electronic music. It's like, c'mon, you've got all this great gear and all you're going to do is make it go boom tisk boom tisk boom tisk boom tisk? Let it die with disco please.

I should stop thread-jacking though.

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:15 pm

John Wood. Holy Christ, "I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight" is a great album. And he co-produced it too, so mabye we'll get some tips on how to capture awsome performances like the ones on that damm near perfect album.
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

lightandmind
pushin' record

Post by lightandmind » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Tony/Drumsound!

audiosculpture
audio school graduate

Post by audiosculpture » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:21 am

peopleperson wrote:Krautrock.

Anything having anything to do with Faust, Can, Neu, Kraftwerk, Harmonia, Cluster, Tangerine Dream, Ash ra Tempel, etc.
yeah - maybe a big story about conny plank!

elsaddiq
audio school

Re: Who would you like to see Tape Op interview

Post by elsaddiq » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:19 am

Bill Laswell, Questlove (from The Roots), Bob Power, Shane Faber, Leslie Braithwaite, and Tom Coyne.

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:34 pm

Bob Power will happen soon!
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:29 am

What's up with Brian Paulson? He's been interveiwed twice and no article yet.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

pantone247
takin' a dinner break

Post by pantone247 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:50 am

Knights Who Say Neve wrote:John Wood. Holy Christ, "I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight" is a great album. And he co-produced it too, so mabye we'll get some tips on how to capture awsome performances like the ones on that damm near perfect album.
AND fairport AND nick drake AND dr strangly strange AND the incredible string band AND Squeeze etc, etc, etc...

Have you read Joe Boyds book 'White Bicycles'? Good stuff about Sound Techniques in there
INDIE TILL I DIE

ffaudio
ass engineer

Post by ffaudio » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:03 am

I'd like to see an article with anybody that's recorded Iron Maiden.

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:24 am

Resize your avatar Larry! Be a good example!
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis