Dr. Dog Interview and Discussion

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

asmara
steve albini likes it

Post by asmara » Tue May 13, 2008 4:20 pm

The Minneapolis show was mind-blowingly awesome. [/quote]

Awesome indeed. That show was KILLER. there were some dual guitar parts that words cannot describe. where i was at the vocals could have been mixed higher, but i knew most of the songs already. I had to leave before the encore. Did they play an encore and what song was it?

Bill Moriarty
audio school graduate

Post by Bill Moriarty » Wed May 14, 2008 7:45 am

Yeah man, I don't know. 4 minute intro? Not on any album, anyway.

ndstgmoe
alignin' 24-trk

Post by ndstgmoe » Wed May 14, 2008 12:31 pm

asmara wrote: Awesome indeed. That show was KILLER. there were some dual guitar parts that words cannot describe. where i was at the vocals could have been mixed higher, but i knew most of the songs already. I had to leave before the encore. Did they play an encore and what song was it?
Shit yeah they encored. 2 or 3 songs and for the life of me, I can't remember what any of them were. I think 1 new one and 2 older ones. I'll rack my brain.

Did you listen to the Current in-studio link? "The Ark" has some of that goosebump inducing dual guitar stuff.

And Bill - I don't think they normally have a 4-minute intro on that song. They asked the audience if they wanted a really long intro to a great new song or if they should just get straight into it. The audience wanted the intro.

jckinnick
buyin' a studio

Post by jckinnick » Fri May 30, 2008 2:55 pm

New song on their Myspace from the upcoming album! The recordings sound a little slimmer than the usual Dr. Dog stuff could just be the crappy Myspace player. Still sounds great though cant wait for this album.

http://www.myspace.com/drdog

coandca
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by coandca » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Three new songs on Dr. Dog's new album FATE can be heard here!

http://obscuresound.com/?p=1988

losthighway
resurrected

Post by losthighway » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Just bought this. I feel good for at least a week just cause of this record. YESSS!!!!

rydberg
pushin' record

Post by rydberg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:30 pm

They just played a free show here in Philly on Wednesday in Rittenhouse Square to about 1500 people. A damn fine show. We're lucky to have 'em as our own.