Producer/Engineer Roger Bechirian

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

frankenslade
audio school graduate

Producer/Engineer Roger Bechirian

Post by frankenslade » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:42 am

I've been patiently waiting for TapeOp to interview one of my favorite engineers/producers of my formative years, Roger Bechirian. I first spotted his name as the engineer on Nick Lowe's great productions for Elvis Costello, then I realized he was producing the Undertones albums, the one Squeeze album I loved from top to bottom, as well as having his hands in a lot of other Stiff Records productions. I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and track down the man for my own personal interview, which you can find here: http://www.rocktownhall.com/blogs/index ... &tb=1&pb=1. However, I'm still a well-intentioned technical idiot. I'd like to suggest that someone at TapeOp who's better able to pick this fine man's brain on the technical fine points of his work complete the task at hand! Thanks.

pwrb
gettin' sounds

Post by pwrb » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 am

I'd be into this. I'm a fan of his work for sure. Trouble is, I'm assuming he's in the UK, and I don't know the next time I'd be over there.
FWIW, I just did an interview with Neil Brockbank, Nick Lowe's current producer/engineer, when I was in the UK last fall. It's in the final editing stages... not sure when it will appear.
In any case... Larry? What do you think?
-Pete

www.weissy.com
www.verdantstudio.com
www.weisstronauts.com

pwrb
gettin' sounds

Post by pwrb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 am

Finally happened... It's in the current issue. See also some bonus interview material and wealth of cool historic photos, courtesy of Roger, at:
http://tapeop.com/articles/90/roger-bechirian-bonus/