New issue: Elbow interview, T-Bone backlash.

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

New issue: Elbow interview, T-Bone backlash.

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:01 am

Very interesting. Elbow self-records using a very spartan setup - everything goes into an Octopre. The main producer/band member guy is definitely not a converter snob!

As to all the T-Bone letters, WTF? There is a long rant letter from Jim Dickinson about, basically, what a tard T-Bone is. I disagree with Mr. Dickinson but I am sure glad the mag prints interesting perspectives like this.

Great issue.

jakeao
steve albini likes it

Post by jakeao » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:16 am

Yeah I was a little baffled by the letters too. I think T-Bones stuff sounds great. I love the way Raising Sand sounds. The fullness of the bass is great.
..."Look lady it's real simple. You slip me the cash, and I slip you the wiener."
" But I don't have any cash"
" Then I don't have a wiener!!!"

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:16 am

thanks to my oldest dotter watching 'Clifford' almost constantly, whenever i see or hear the name T-Bone i think of a small dog with boundless enthusiasm.

aside from that, there sure was a huge outpouring of advice/commentary in response to the letter by the guy who wanted to get some spiffy new conversion but had an SO who wasn't terribly gung-ho about it...i guess it struck close to home for alot of ppl, eh?
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:33 am

RefD wrote: aside from that, there sure was a huge outpouring of advice/commentary in response to the letter by the guy who wanted to get some spiffy new conversion but had an SO who wasn't terribly gung-ho about it...i guess it struck close to home for alot of ppl, eh?
Then there is the interview with the dude in Ohio (I forget the name, but it was a great interview) - he worked as a carpenter etc. while his wife went to med school and residency a couple decades ago and now she is totally supportive of his maintaining a sprawling huge studio throughout their entire house. Pretty cool. Required reading for all significant others (but good luck getting them to read it ... ) Anyway, that's how you know you've met 'the one': she/he doesn't fully get what you are up to but supports your weird tendencies anyway ... pretty cool.

casey campbell
buyin' a studio

Post by casey campbell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:29 am

the proof is in the pudding...tbone's albums sound great. enough said.